There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

I thought it was dreadful the way his team mate, told him football players wear roller skates! Poor newbie got pushed around! Practice squad project, in my opinion.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I thought it was dreadful the way his team mate, told him football players wear roller skates! Poor newbie got pushed around! Practice squad project, in my opinion.

nobody thinks okoye will be a starter this year, but if he sits on the PS for a year i think he has the physical tools to be great
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Swatted a pass and provided good pass rush... Slightly better than bad

link?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,375
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
whos Okoye lawrence?

Christian (Nigerian Nightmare) Okoye's long lost son.... blood tests just came in/verified on Maury Povich show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGDIXRl6Uus
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I thought it was dreadful the way his team mate, told him football players wear roller skates! Poor newbie got pushed around! Practice squad project, in my opinion.

nobody thinks okoye will be a starter this year, but if he sits on the PS for a year i think he has the physical tools to be great
I dont think the physical aspect is really a concern, the mental part will be the hardest.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I dont think the physical aspect is really a concern, the mental part will be the hardest.
This. Check out our man Lawrence towards the end of the Bronco game -- there's some teeny running back checking him off. He has his hands stuck out, like he doesn't want to hurt him. Lol. i think I understand the face in the pads drill a little better. He needs to fill up on nasty.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,913
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
This. Check out our man Lawrence towards the end of the Bronco game -- there's some teeny running back checking him off. He has his hands stuck out, like he doesn't want to hurt him. Lol. i think I understand the face in the pads drill a little better. He needs to fill up on nasty.

sure, through ota's and such, but how many padded, 11 on 11 drills do you get pancaked on before you get some badass in you?
seems like okoye should be getting pretty tired of being the o-line's bi*ch after this many practices. if he's not coming around by next week, then he might not have the constitution for this kind of brutality.
The PS spots will be in high demand. Chances are he won't be in a position to be activate in case of an emergency. He needs to show something fast.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,913
http://www.givemesport.com/367842-lawrence-okoye-makes-49ers-debut
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,913
http://www.givemesport.com/367842-lawrence-okoye-makes-49ers-debut
Originally posted by xcfan:
49ers are making a big mistake not developing okoye as an offensive tackle. that is the body he has.
he's way too high cut for d-line.

I still don't understand why any NFL team hasn't hired you yet. Its an outrage.
Anyone know where I can see video of his snaps in the broncos game?
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anyone know where I can see video of his snaps in the broncos game?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174093-whomeams-football-videos-youtube-enjoyment-personal-reflection-thread/
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,913
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
I still don't understand why any NFL team hasn't hired you yet. Its an outrage.

they can't hire me; i'm mark davis, owner of the raiders.
LOL...watched his few snaps. Not bad, trying to engaged and contain edge (lined up outside and inside)...LOVED his speed/hustle on the Skuta sack though. Got shoved back by two OL (happened to all our DL this game as well esp. cold). He's just "thinking." Let's see him build off it now...more snaps...more "react."