LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 125 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jreff22:
I dont think the physical aspect is really a concern, the mental part will be the hardest.
This. Check out our man Lawrence towards the end of the Bronco game -- there's some teeny running back checking him off. He has his hands stuck out, like he doesn't want to hurt him. Lol. i think I understand the face in the pads drill a little better. He needs to fill up on nasty.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
This. Check out our man Lawrence towards the end of the Bronco game -- there's some teeny running back checking him off. He has his hands stuck out, like he doesn't want to hurt him. Lol. i think I understand the face in the pads drill a little better. He needs to fill up on nasty.

sure, through ota's and such, but how many padded, 11 on 11 drills do you get pancaked on before you get some badass in you?
seems like okoye should be getting pretty tired of being the o-line's bi*ch after this many practices. if he's not coming around by next week, then he might not have the constitution for this kind of brutality.
The PS spots will be in high demand. Chances are he won't be in a position to be activate in case of an emergency. He needs to show something fast.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
http://www.givemesport.com/367842-lawrence-okoye-makes-49ers-debut
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
http://www.givemesport.com/367842-lawrence-okoye-makes-49ers-debut
Originally posted by xcfan:
49ers are making a big mistake not developing okoye as an offensive tackle. that is the body he has.
he's way too high cut for d-line.

I still don't understand why any NFL team hasn't hired you yet. Its an outrage.
Anyone know where I can see video of his snaps in the broncos game?
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anyone know where I can see video of his snaps in the broncos game?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174093-whomeams-football-videos-youtube-enjoyment-personal-reflection-thread/
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
I still don't understand why any NFL team hasn't hired you yet. Its an outrage.

they can't hire me; i'm mark davis, owner of the raiders.
LOL...watched his few snaps. Not bad, trying to engaged and contain edge (lined up outside and inside)...LOVED his speed/hustle on the Skuta sack though. Got shoved back by two OL (happened to all our DL this game as well esp. cold). He's just "thinking." Let's see him build off it now...more snaps...more "react."

Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL...watched his few snaps. Not bad, trying to engaged and contain edge (lined up outside and inside)...LOVED his speed/hustle on the Skuta sack though. Got shoved back by two OL (happened to all our DL this game as well esp. cold). He's just "thinking." Let's see him build off it now...more snaps...more "react."

did he have his hands on the ground? Maybe if he rushed from standing it would be easier for him? I hope he gets more reps this game
Originally posted by socalniner:
did he have his hands on the ground? Maybe if he rushed from standing it would be easier for him? I hope he gets more reps this game

Good question...outside, he stood up ala Justin Smith. Inside, he had his hand in the dirt. He will...sounds like they have a plan in place for him and this next game he'll get more snaps and a few chances to rush even. We'll see...
  • thl408
I would think that it is easier to rush with his hand on the ground. Standing up helps with reading pass or run though.

*My experience in rushing the passer consists of counting alligators.
He will stick around because he taught the team how to Doggie.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
He will stick around because he taught the team how to Doggie.

no homo?
Share 49ersWebzone