There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Originally posted by xcfan:
49ers are making a big mistake not developing okoye as an offensive tackle. that is the body he has.
he's way too high cut for d-line.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 59s 49ers DL Lawrence Okoye played six defensive snaps, including two kneeldowns at the end. As expected, had difficult time finding the ball.

Finding the ball will be the toughest thing for him to do. As for sacking Alex, thats not saying much since Alex sacks himself.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 59s 49ers DL Lawrence Okoye played six defensive snaps, including two kneeldowns at the end. As expected, had difficult time finding the ball.

Finding the ball will be the toughest thing for him to do. As for sacking Alex, thats not saying much since Alex sacks himself.

Not even lying
[ Edited by niners94 on Aug 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM ]
So out of 4 real plays 1 of them he got drove back 5 yards by a double team. The other 3 not a factor. Thought he would get more snaps but we will see if he improves throughout the offseason because if he doesn't he will be cut and head to the PS unless someone claims him.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
So out of 4 real plays 1 of them he got drove back 5 yards by a double team. The other 3 not a factor. Thought he would get more snaps but we will see if he improves throughout the offseason because if he doesn't he will be cut and head to the PS unless someone claims him.

We don't have to worry about anyone claiming him
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
We don't have to worry about anyone claiming him

Suppose we burn a roster spot for Okoye. Will he learn faster/train better on PS or "on" the team?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
We don't have to worry about anyone claiming him

Suppose we burn a roster spot for Okoye. Will he learn faster/train better on PS or "on" the team?

Most definitely the practice squad. This guy needs every waking minute developing his football skills. He doesn't need to waste his time traveling with the team and standing on the sidelines.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Most definitely the practice squad. This guy needs every waking minute developing his football skills. He doesn't need to waste his time traveling with the team and standing on the sidelines.

Sure. I get that. Very good point and perspective.

But when the team travels won't he lose access to Tomsula?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Most definitely the practice squad. This guy needs every waking minute developing his football skills. He doesn't need to waste his time traveling with the team and standing on the sidelines.

Sure. I get that. Very good point and perspective.

But when the team travels won't he lose access to Tomsula?

The niners take their PS with them on the road
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 686
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 59s 49ers DL Lawrence Okoye played six defensive snaps, including two kneeldowns at the end. As expected, had difficult time finding the ball.

Finding the ball will be the toughest thing for him to do. As for sacking Alex, thats not saying much since Alex sacks himself.

To be fair in rugby the ball's white and pretty visible, will be harder for him to track it in NFL.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,237
This makes sense... I didnt start playin football till my varsity year, the hardest part for me playing on D-line was definitely finding the ball. So much confusion and action. I can only imagine what this dude is feeling at NFL speed. The truth is its gonna take some time for it to slow down for him.
We're too stacked to burn a roster spot for Okoye, he's heading to the PS.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,049
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:

Einstein's grandson
Originally posted by 5280High:
We're too stacked to burn a roster spot for Okoye, he's heading to the PS.

I think he'd be lucky to make the PS. He hasn't even reached "bad football player" status yet and you don't waste spots on the PS for bad players. Last night he looked like he was wearing roller skates.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 30,907
Originally posted by mod:
This makes sense... I didnt start playin football till my varsity year, the hardest part for me playing on D-line was definitely finding the ball. So much confusion and action. I can only imagine what this dude is feeling at NFL speed. The truth is its gonna take some time for it to slow down for him.

Well besides locating the ball at least try and beat your defender first....ask me if he did that??
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home