LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't know. Kwame doesn't really look tough to me, especially with that thing on his head. What the hell is that?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
25 - 15 = 5

It's a typo. In my brain.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Your source is incorrect. Boone is easily one of if not our largest linemen. Dude is a beast.

The official niner website also has him at 300. Seems weird to me as well, but that's what is there.

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Alex-Boone/1e003869-3bef-4d5c-9321-b2a2ca252e41

Says he had a great offseason eating clean and pumping Iron. Said he put on 10-15 pounds of muscle.

But if you drop 25 pounds of flab, and put on 15 lb muscle, you are still down 5 pounds.

Eating clean, pumping iron ... and taking dat der Test + GH. Seriously though, an elite athlete at the NFL level could maybe put on 6 pounds of muscle in an entire year if that's all they were training for. And there's no way they'd lose body fat at the same time without drugs. Body recomposition of that nature is really only seen by guys in their first year of lifting. I'd guess at least 75% of the league is on some type of PED. A much higher percentage if we're talking just lineman. 10-15 pounds of muscle in a single offseason? By a guy who's been hitting the weights since junior high? Bullsh*t.
per MM...

Defensive linemen Lawrence Okoye and Mike Purcell worked against each other on getting off at the snap of the ball under the watchful eye of defensive line coach Jim Tomsula during positions drills in practice. Tomsula seemed to be particular encouraged with what he saw from Okoye. Once practice began, Okoye and Purcell had one particularly nice showing in 11-on-11 drills against the first-team offense. Purcell got some push against C Daniel Kilgore, while Okoye more than held his own against LG Mike Iupati.
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Your source is incorrect. Boone is easily one of if not our largest linemen. Dude is a beast.

The official niner website also has him at 300. Seems weird to me as well, but that's what is there.

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Alex-Boone/1e003869-3bef-4d5c-9321-b2a2ca252e41

Says he had a great offseason eating clean and pumping Iron. Said he put on 10-15 pounds of muscle.

But if you drop 25 pounds of flab, and put on 15 lb muscle, you are still down 5 pounds.

Eating clean, pumping iron ... and taking dat der Test + GH. Seriously though, an elite athlete at the NFL level could maybe put on 6 pounds of muscle in an entire year if that's all they were training for. And there's no way they'd lose body fat at the same time without drugs. Body recomposition of that nature is really only seen by guys in their first year of lifting. I'd guess at least 75% of the league is on some type of PED. A much higher percentage if we're talking just lineman. 10-15 pounds of muscle in a single offseason? By a guy who's been hitting the weights since junior high? Bullsh*t.
Yeah apparently I was dead wrong. All I can find on him says 300lbs as well. I always thought he was 320+. Dudes shoulders are monstrous in interviews.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
per MM...

while Okoye more than held his own against LG Mike Iupati.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
per MM...

while Okoye more than held his own against LG Mike Iupati.
Would've waited to fap if I knew this was cumming

Originally posted by NinerBuff: per MM...Defensive linemen Lawrence Okoye and Mike Purcell worked against each other on getting off at the snap of the ball under the watchful eye of defensive line coach Jim Tomsula during positions drills in practice. Tomsula seemed to be particular encouraged with what he saw from Okoye. Once practice began, Okoye and Purcell had one particularly nice showing in 11-on-11 drills against the first-team offense. Purcell got some push against C Daniel Kilgore, while Okoye more than held his own against LG Mike Iupati.

Did he hold his own against the run (really impressive as this is Iupati's strength) or as a pass rusher (Iupati's weakest skill)?
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Aug 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by NinerBuff: per MM...Defensive linemen Lawrence Okoye and Mike Purcell worked against each other on getting off at the snap of the ball under the watchful eye of defensive line coach Jim Tomsula during positions drills in practice. Tomsula seemed to be particular encouraged with what he saw from Okoye. Once practice began, Okoye and Purcell had one particularly nice showing in 11-on-11 drills against the first-team offense. Purcell got some push against C Daniel Kilgore, while Okoye more than held his own against LG Mike Iupati.

Did he hold his own against the run (really impressive as this is Iupati's strength) or as a pass rusher (Iupati's weakest skill)?

I don't really think it matters. Just the fact that a guy with zero football experience is holding his own against one of the best OG's in the league, in any aspect of the game, is very impressive.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Aug 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM ]

Seems like a trivial distinction at this stage. Glad to hear the news overall seems a little more encouraging every day.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I don't really think it matters. Just the fact that a guy with zero football experience is holding his own against one of the best OG's in the league, in any aspect of the game, is very impressive.

You can take this news in two ways:
1. Evidence that Okyoe can hang with the best of them. OR
2. Evidence that Iupati is way out of form.

• Buchy
  • Veteran
– Tolzien was sacked on a play where Dobbs and Lawrence Okoye got into the backfield. Okoye did a nice job on the play against Joe Staley, who was back in action after sitting out yesterday's practice. Parys Haralson also came up with a sack.

From Bay Area Sports Guy notes.... encouraging.
Pretty impressive notes on Okoye. I hope he makes the team because I think we could have something special there in the next few seasons.
Not sure you can sneak Okoye on the practice squad,...I wouldn't be surprised at all if a team went out of their way to give him spot #53 if he's waived. All it takes is one team.
Originally posted by random49er:
Not sure you can sneak Okoye on the practice squad,...I wouldn't be surprised at all if a team went out of their way to give him spot #53 if he's waived. All it takes is one team.

Practice squad rules and procedures? Didn't some of the PS guys decline offers from other teams last year? He may be the type of guy who would gladly stay with an excellent coaching staff with a great team.
Share 49ersWebzone