LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 60sfan:
He will be one of the first cuts or he will quit. Not ever playing football at any level is a huge disadvantage. You can read between the lines of Harbaugh when he says that he hopes he keeps working hard.

I disagree with about everything in this flippant overreaction. The Niners knew exactly what they were gdtting into when they signed this guy and I personally would be shocked if dither scenario described took place.

Getting informed as to what kind of guy Okoye is might help you avoide posting silly opinions going forward.

It's got to be pretty overwhelming for the dude... I mean he hasn't even experienced Training Camp and he's already saying OTA's are the hardest thing he's ever done...Understanding the game itself, never having any experience with it at ANY level ever... The playbook in itself... Then trying to relay all of it onto the field not even going up against anyone in front of him..... Man.....
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Let's hope he can man up, and deal. It would be great to steal a freak of nature like this, but Euro's are not generally tough enough for American Football, it's a cultural thing. Hell just watch them flop around playing Basketball, or Soccer! Good lick, mate, you'll need it!
A lot of Euro's are better at Basketball and Soccer than Americans

Not saying wether they are better or not, just that they flop around looking for fouls. Not noted for their toughness. I'm more or less just having some fun, Brits are p***ys, I think we can all agree on that!
It's so silly to watch the adolescent reaction from all the dudes who raved about this guy. Now, they turn into sulking haters because Okoye isn't living up to their Fantasy Island doodlings. How juvenile.

I can't wait for this to happen to the 300 posters on the Kaep thread if Kaep starts off the year with a few bad games.

Hey, Okoye could quit. Or he could look around and decide that hey, why not football? I'm 21 time to pick a direction in life. Time to commit. You never know.

This will all be about what Okoye wants to do. If he commits, he will be successful. In time.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

I can't wait for this to happen to the 300 posters on the Kaep thread if Kaep starts off the year with a few bad games.

So you're hoping for Kap to start off bad so you can point the finger at 49ers fans and laugh?
Can't wait to see Fango use this guy in Aldons old role
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
It's so silly to watch the adolescent reaction from all the dudes who raved about this guy. Now, they turn into sulking haters because Okoye isn't living up to their Fantasy Island doodlings. How juvenile.

Hey, Okoye could quit. Or he could look around and decide that hey, why not football? I'm 21 time to pick a direction in life. Time to commit. You never know.

This will all be about what Okoye wants to do. If he commits, he will be successful. In time.

[ Edited by jimrat on Jun 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
His failure to master the English language will be his downfall
lol!

he'll never master (American) English slang and/or Ebonics...
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

So you're hoping for Kap to start off bad so you can point the finger at 49ers fans and laugh?

Word. Dude is more worried about his internet ego than the real life success of the team. I hate these kind of so called fans.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGod:

Word. Dude is more worried about his internet ego than the real life success of the team. I hate these kind of so called fans.
if you think there were not people out there who were niner fans who rooted for alex smith to fail, no matter what it did to the team, then you are in denial. there were people who hoped alex would be bad so they could point their fingers at alex fans and laugh. this is hardly a new way of thinking in the zone
Originally posted by WINiner:
He will be one of the first cuts or he will quit. Not ever playing football at any level is a huge disadvantage. You can read between the lines of Harbaugh when he says that he hopes he keeps working hard.

I disagree with about everything in this flippant overreaction. The Niners knew exactly what they were gdtting into when they signed this guy and I personally would be shocked if dither scenario described took place.

Getting informed as to what kind of guy Okoye is might help you avoide posting silly opinions going forward.

Not flippant, brother, just experienced. Get back to you after training camp is under way.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Not flippant, brother, just experienced. Get back to you after training camp is under way.

yes, this guy will not last. just another in a long list of favored sons on the webzone who will make little or no contribution to the team.
Originally posted by cciowa:

if you think there were not people out there who were niner fans who rooted for alex smith to fail, no matter what it did to the team, then you are in denial. there were people who hoped alex would be bad so they could point their fingers at alex fans and laugh. this is hardly a new way of thinking in the zone

never said it was a new way of thinking on the zone.

You're totally missing the point. You got it totally bass ackwards. My opinion of kap won't change if he has a few bad games. But lot's of other's will, who have already wheeled him into the hall of fame after 8 games as starter.

I'm not a so called fan. I've been a niner fan for 43 years. I was a niner fan when they were the worst team in the NFL and when they won their first super bowl. And I still will be if everything falls apart this season and they go nowhere. being objective is perfectly consistent with having an emotional involvement.

You're totally missing the point. You got it totally bass ackwards. My opinion of kap won't change if he has a few bad games. But lot's of other's will, who have already wheeled him into the hall of fame after 8 games as starter.

I'm not a so called fan. I've been a niner fan for 43 years. I was a niner fan when they were the worst team in the NFL and when they won their first super bowl. And I still will be if everything falls apart this season and they go nowhere. being objective is perfectly consistent with having an emotional involvement.

That's facinating. Thanks for sharing.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Share 49ersWebzone