LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Hopin we hit the lottery on this guy.
The closest comparison is i guess Michael Carter although Carter had played some football before Walsh took a chance with him. But, it's true that although Carter went to college on a football scholarship, his last couple of years were spent concentrating on track and field and the Olympics. Okoye does seem pretty smart and I'm not just saying that because he has a British accent. He seems very driven and he seems to have a chip on his shoulder which may help. And, evidently, he's very coachable. So, who knows? Niners may get real lucky because if he learns how to play the game he's going to be a beast. Physically, he's simply off the scale.
lets have okoye run down the field for kick-offs
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lets have okoye run down the field for kick-offs

I would love to see that happen, could you see the eyes on returners if he was able to get that far to them
  • thl408
He would have made a menacing wedge buster.
Originally posted by thl408:
He would have made a menacing wedge buster.

It's not as outlandish an idea as it sounds. He's got serious speed and they may have to find a way to keep him on the team without putting him on the practice squad because the talk is that another team will snatch him if they use the practice squad on him.
WHY is he behind all the other rooks...
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
is this a serious post?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
cuz he is a bust
I'm not sure you can call any un-drafted free agent a "bust." But, Fangio doesn't give you very much hope for success either here, does he. It's very true that most of these guys just know how to play the game. It's a very complicated game with a serious set of skills one must master. So, just being a physical freak is obviously not enough. Let's hope he's a fast learner or that they're downplaying his progress so he doesn't get grabbed if they put him on the practice squad.

Lets not rename this to thread of epic hopelessness yet. AT the end of the day the most important factor here is what he wants to do. If we wants to do this, for real, he will be successful at some point.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'm not sure you can call any un-drafted free agent a "bust." But, Fangio doesn't give you very much hope for success either here, does he. It's very true that most of these guys just know how to play the game. It's a very complicated game with a serious set of skills one must master. So, just being a physical freak is obviously not enough. Let's hope he's a fast learner or that they're downplaying his progress so he doesn't get grabbed if they put him on the practice squad.

ha,, you know i was just kidding
He will be one of the first cuts or he will quit. Not ever playing football at any level is a huge disadvantage. You can read between the lines of Harbaugh when he says that he hopes he keeps working hard.
With all the percieved fears of him getting taken before he makes it to the PS, would it be a stretch to say he may get "injured" and he goes to the PUP list? Not sure how many players a team can have on that however.
Originally posted by cciowa:
ha,, you know i was just kidding

I am so clueless on the web. I'm way too easy to troll and I have a hard time recognizing sarcasm. I think I actually need a tag: <sarcasm>post</sarcasm>.
Share 49ersWebzone