There are 164 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
if the Okyoe experiment pans out i see other teams scouting worldwide to try and find an okoye of their own. it could impact the game on an international level

They just need to pop over to Nee Zealand and ask where the next Jonah Lomu is
Originally posted by English:
if the Okyoe experiment pans out i see other teams scouting worldwide to try and find an okoye of their own. it could impact the game on an international level

Just in case people don't know who you're talking about.

Then the 49ers will stay one step ahead and scout out some sumo wrestlers for the OL...
Originally posted by doc_brown_:

a beast, I always thought Jason Robinson could have played in the NFL as well, an electric runner

An absolute force.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

An absolute force.

Having played a little rugby, that is a man among boys.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran

IIR he's a nationalised Samoan, the All Blacks did their usual theft on a south sea island talent, they brought him to school in New Zeland at an age to qualify him - he did start as a number 8.

Fantastic player, I don't think okoye is nearly as fast but he does seem to have a similar build/physique.
I know he played football in collage, but when I think tack and field and defensive linemen, all I can think of is Michael Carter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Carter_(athlete)
Lawrence Okoye is probably the most intriguing "prospect" we've had...ever. When you look at all the fliers we took on injured players (Marcus Lattimore, Luke Marquardt, Tank Carradine, etc.), we. clearly, have that luxury. But look at last year as well...injuries to Johnson and Fleming, add in Looney, Kilgore and AJ who saw little action but were "developing" all year, we have created quite a farm-system here! And here comes the new crop of developmental prospects with huge upside as well (add in Lockette).

If you're Baalke, you look at college production but even more at what OUR coaching staff can do with them and how they'd fit our system/needs today and down the road. Look at ALL of these guys ready to break out this year: Lockette, Kilgore, Looney, Robinson, Spillman, Johnson, Fleming, AJ, Williams, Culliver (to a lesser degree), etc.

As to LO, RDE isn't exactly a difficult position to learn here and he's already shown he can make it to the Olympics in two years in a technical sport. He's going to Oxford. This dude is going to study his ass off and develop as fast as anyone ever has. Tomsula already has a very experienced DL who not only are very good players but can help teach the younger guys as well/mentors. Think of how many players we had sitting last year beyond the 46 that were stashed there and were developing in the background.

My point on LO is that he not only may realistically make this 53 but could end up playing some this year (Culliver-route).
[ Edited by NCommand on May 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Lawrence Okoye is probably the most intriguing "prospect" we've had...ever. When you look at all the fliers we took on injured players (Marcus Lattimore, Luke Marquardt, Tank Carradine, etc.), we. clearly, have that luxury. But look at last year as well...injuries to Johnson and Fleming, Looney, Kilgore and AJ saw little action but were "developing" all year. And here comes the new crop of developmental prospects with huge upside (add .

If you're Baalke, you look at college production but even more at what OUR coaching staff can do with them and how they'd fit our system/needs today and down the road. Look at ALL of these guys ready to break out this year: Lockette, Kilgore, Looney, Robinson, Spillman, Johnson, Fleming, AJ, Williams, Culliver (to a lesser degree), etc.

As to LO, RDE isn't exactly a difficult position to learn here and he's already shown he can make it to the Olympics in two years in a technical sport. He's going to Oxford. This dude is going to study his ass off and develop as fast as anyone ever has. Tomsula already has a very experienced DL who not only are very good players but can help teach the younger guys as well/mentors. Think of how many players we had sitting last year beyond the 46 that were stashed there and were developing in the background.

My point on LO is that he not only may realistically make this 53 but could end up playing some this year (Culliver-route).

Personally, it's not the technique I'm worried about.

Discs don't hit back.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Lawrence Okoye is probably the most intriguing "prospect" we've had...ever. When you look at all the fliers we took on injured players (Marcus Lattimore, Luke Marquardt, Tank Carradine, etc.), we. clearly, have that luxury. But look at last year as well...injuries to Johnson and Fleming, Looney, Kilgore and AJ saw little action but were "developing" all year. And here comes the new crop of developmental prospects with huge upside (add .

Discs don't hit back.

LMAO!!!!!!

Discs don't hit back.

LMAO!!!!!!

Those little tee-hee love taps he was giving the pads when he was swimming through is not acceptable.
Those little tee-hee love taps he was giving the pads when he was swimming through is not acceptable.

Don't worry JoeCool...he's just thinking right now...working on getting the calls down, playbook, using his base and leverage, etc. Eventually he'll be coached up to hand-movements, arm strength and bull rushing techniques. He's got a long ways to go, no doubt.
Rename thread to:

"Lawrence Okoye's flying saucer of superbness."
Okdoe
Share 49ersWebzone