There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Sweet. Now we just need to sign Christian and Amobi.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
What position? DL?

yep
Probably DL, but was a winger at rugby.
sick brah!
This is confirmed? I say f**k yeah if it is!
Man we killed it in this draft. Baalke to Harbaugh does it again.
Very happy about this. Love his drive and determination. He basically was a nobody in the discus throwing world 2 years ago. How he became an olympian and ranked 5th in the world in 2 years tells me this guy got incredible talent and work ethic. This signing could pay dividends in a few years but I'm worried about how we can keep him on our practice squad and away from other teams clutches after he's developed.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Man we killed it in this draft. Baalke to Harbaugh does it again.

Think this might be the best draft yet. Incredible. And we got a ton of picks next year. Gonna be hard not to build a dynasty under these guys leadership
son of Christian
Will play in London game...
He's gonna make the team, I'm calling it. Think he'll beat out Dial for the roster spot.
Originally posted by BayArea:
This is confirmed? I say f**k yeah if it is!
Well, that's what he says on his Twitter!

This is awesome, I wanted Okoye so badly. He probably won't even make the team, but holy crap is it exciting!
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN1m
Jim Harbaugh said he felt "inadequate" when he met Lawrence Okoye -- "a beautiful man." He'll work at defensive line initially.

lol
It's a comparison thing really - he may have 2 years on practice squad - but even if it takes that long he'd still be younger than some rookies. 24 and 25 year olds get drafted all the time, and he's only 21.

I don't expect to see him on the team this year - but he must have special teams possibility just because of his size and speed.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 190836:
What position? DL?
Originally posted by jimrat:

he is huge!!

My friends, the great experiment.