LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jreff22:
He's never going to play

You're probably right.
Was there discouraging reports from otas?
Originally posted by thl408:
How can this be an over/under bet?

Exactly, if anything this is yes/no, it ain't an over/under. So in protest I refuse to answer.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I think we will move him to England

Good one.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
As far as never going to play goes, this is not rocket science. Surely, hes perfected the basics by now, and hes very bright so he can fathom all the conceptual stuff fine. I mean, i learned quite a bit in my first year of ball, even with poor coaching.
Okoye knows a lot right now and hes physically superior to just about everyone he faces.

So, he'll play and he will collapse some pockets.

Im a lot more worried about armstead.
Perfect, he finally gets to a point to were he/staff/FO can see where he stacks up against players who are fighting for a spot on the 53 and someone thinks it's cool to switch him OL.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by thl408:
How can this be an over/under bet?

Exactly, if anything this is yes/no, it ain't an over/under. So in protest I refuse to answer.

My bad on the over/under. The moral of this story is don't drink and post thread topics.
Wont happen. Any moron can play defense its either tackle the guy with the ball or cover the guy your assigned to. The consequences of messing up are at worst a score. Playing offense you dont have the luxury of staring at the guy with the ball and actually have to be aware of stunts and most players on the field. The consequences of messing up on the oline are potentially ending the career of a multi million dollar investment in your quarterback and sucking for years. They would never trust him with that.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
You do realize there are Free-Agents + Roster cuts that would at the very least be better than this suggestion right?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
You do realize there are Free-Agents + Roster cuts that would at the very least be better than this suggestion right?
you underestimate the hero worship for okoye in the zone
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if he can show the ability to pull and the strenght to maul, then Okokey can be the next Carlton Haselrig!!!
As a new guy to the sport his best bet is to stay at DL where athleticism is more important. OLinemen have to be bigger, learn a lot of techniques to pass block and run block. He needs to learn how to punch out, use his hands, extend his arms, play with leverage, bend at the waist, shuffle left and right, slide step, a lot more plays, etc. And that's just for pass blocking.Then for run blocking hundreds of new plays, techniques, etc. On DL there is a whole lot less to memorize & he already knows the system.
I doubt it, we've been developing him as a DE/DT for going on 3 years, makes no sense to move him to OT/OG unless he completely blows on the D-Line.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Any news about okoyes minicamp performance?
Share 49ersWebzone