There are 208 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Originally posted by kwest49er:
I'm wondering how all the radio silence on his injury bodes for him. Could be keeping his status under wraps to dissuade other teams from taking a chance on him. I could even see harbalke telling him to look injured on one play in the broncos game so other teams have tape of his 'injury'.

~ takes tinfoil hat off~

Yeah, with all the injury reports and updates, it's been dead silent on Okoye. We do things like that all the time but this one looked like a real injury vs. last year. And given he was out there "trying" to play and couldn't? Hmmm.
Giving him one play was weird, especially if it's a high-ankle issue. I have no doubt the niners want him during the season whether on PS or the 53 to get those physical reps that he needs. It'll be interesting to see how they try to make it happen.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by cciowa:
lawrenceexcuses

I like Okoyexcuses better.

actually i can never remember his last name or how to spell it( not that bad spelling and bad puncuation has ever stopped me before) so i just call him lawrence but he really does need to see some playing time here in order to make the roster, injured reserve is probably the best hope for him. i think he may be on a leave of absence and is down in ferguson using his awesomeness to quell the riots down there so i guess he gets a another pass
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I'm wondering how all the radio silence on his injury bodes for him. Could be keeping his status under wraps to dissuade other teams from taking a chance on him. I could even see harbalke telling him to look injured on one play in the broncos game so other teams have tape of his 'injury'.

~ takes tinfoil hat off~
i find it hard to believe we are going james bond and using a bunch of subterfuge on a guy who has a very very small body of nfl work but whatever
i find it hard to believe we are going james bond and using a bunch of subterfuge on a guy who has a very very small body of nfl work but whatever

Well yeah, it's highly unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility, they were probably just testing the ankle at game-speed.

But you have to admit at the very least that he is an intriguing player and the type of player (freak athlete and very smart) that the niners go for. Saying that, I would hope that they are trying different angles to get him on their practice squad vs a scrub team's 53. I'd say if he makes PS we'll know what we have in him this time next year.

Well yeah, it's highly unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility, they were probably just testing the ankle at game-speed.

But you have to admit at the very least that he is an intriguing player and the type of player (freak athlete and very smart) that the niners go for. Saying that, I would hope that they are trying different angles to get him on their practice squad vs a scrub team's 53. I'd say if he makes PS we'll know what we have in him this time next year.
And that's IF he wants to spend another year on I.R. or a PS. He has an opening for college in London if it doesn't work out this round. I'm so bummed by his injry b/c I wanted him to build off his first pre season game (which was very good).
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
I think the fact that they didn't put him on it (IR) means that he's a lock to make the roster as our last d-lineman. They are just waiting the month or so until he's back to normal. He can do one thing exceedingly well, and that is getting into the pocket with speed and power, whether bull rushing at 5-tech or bee-line rushing from outside.
[ Edited by xcfan on Aug 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by xcfan:
I think the fact that they didn't put him on it means that he's a lock to make the roster as our last d-lineman. They are just waiting the month or so until he's back to normal. He can do one thing exceedingly well, and that is getting into the pocket with speed and power, whether bull rushing at 5-tech or bee-line rushing from outside.

Or they're trying to be coy and then hide him on the PS again...

But I hope he makes it.
Originally posted by xcfan:
I think the fact that they didn't put him on it (IR) means that he's a lock to make the roster as our last d-lineman. They are just waiting the month or so until he's back to normal. He can do one thing exceedingly well, and that is getting into the pocket with speed and power, whether bull rushing at 5-tech or bee-line rushing from outside.

Hope you're right.
He gone!
bout time.
Not surprised. I doubt anyone will sign him though
I don't think he showed enough to make a 53. Here's to a year on the practice squad!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I don't think he showed enough to make a 53. Here's to a year on the practice squad!

Darn! I was pulling for him. Hope he makes the practice squad.
Originally posted by 16to87:
He gone!

Practice squad