LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 358 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Lots of a-holes in here. The guy was one of the final cuts on a Championship-caliber team that is the deepest roster that I can remember. Let's hope he makes it to the PS and he wants to give it a go one more year. That ankle injury really blew his momentum in game 1.

Agreed. He's had what, a combined 3 months of padded practice? If that. Let this kid work all season and then we'll see what's what.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by kwest49er:
I don't think he showed enough to make a 53. Here's to a year on the practice squad!

Darn! I was pulling for him. Hope he makes the practice squad.

He will.
why? when i ask people what he has done to make anyone think he deserved a place on the roster or on the practice team all i get is

he is a nice story
he has potential
he is a specimen

ok
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i'll bet all 3 of you he doesn't make the PS. dude is hawt garbage, I don't get the infatuation. We have other dudes to stash on the PS.

good god yes,, we got a couple of offensive lineman,, we got winston,, this just needs to go away and he can retire to the part of the web zone where nate davis, korey sheets, bj whats his face and others have went
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Lots of a-holes in here. The guy was one of the final cuts on a Championship-caliber team that is the deepest roster that I can remember. Let's hope he makes it to the PS and he wants to give it a go one more year. That ankle injury really blew his momentum in game 1.
okoye excuses. he had a chance in games three and four,, all i remember is illegal use of the hands for five yards and a drive extender vs the chargers some of us disagree that this guy deserves a spot and we are a*****es? wow ,, i would have thought better of you nc
Originally posted by cciowa:
okoye excuses. he had a chance in games three and four,, all i remember is illegal use of the hands for five yards and a drive extender vs the chargers some of us disagree that this guy deserves a spot and we are a*****es? wow ,, i would have thought better of you nc
I believe NCommand was referring to the "hawt garbage," "scrub," and "lock this b****h up" comments. It isn't for folks feel Okoye doesn't deserve a place on the PS, but for the level of invective from some. This lack of respect for both the player (so recently a Niner) and posters who support Okoye qualifies as "a**hole" comments.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by cciowa:
I believe NCommand was referring to the "hawt garbage," "scrub," and "lock this b****h up" comments. It isn't for folks feel Okoye doesn't deserve a place on the PS, but for the level of invective from some. This lack of respect for both the player (so recently a Niner) and posters who support Okoye qualifies as "a**hole" comments.

Can we cut that scrub cciowa
Anyone know how long he has to clear waivers?

Sometime today. Teams will start putting together the PS today.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
He showed flashes in the first preseason game, made a huge improvement from year one to two, had some positive reports throughout camp, possesses measurables of a JJ Watt, is as young as a college athlete. He got a high ankle sprain at the end of the first preseason game and tried to play through it during the rest of the preseason, but was clearly hampered. High ankle sprains take much more time to overcome. He's the definition of a p-squad player you'd like to develop.
will meet you half way.. if he makes the practice squad i will root for him and will be happy for him.. i really do think there were many guys we cut in areas of need like the offensive line and maybe winston at running back where it would be more valuable to give them a spot than lawrence
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Sometime today. Teams will start putting together the PS today.

It is a 24 hour period, from 1pm PST/4pm EST yesterday to the same time today.

We should bring him back or make another move considering RayMac allegedly was arrested last night.
not sure if we bring him back on the taxi squad.

I would think that Purcell we would bring in before him.
Omg but he's really big and has never played football so he has hall of fame potentialzzz
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Omg but he's really big and has never played football so he has hall of fame potentialzzz

he is or was supposed to dominate
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if the team cuts ray maybe it will help lawrence get on the practice team.
Share 49ersWebzone