LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
49ers will find a way to put him on IR for his ankle sprain....

#workthesystem

That's a good possibility. I think he makes the team based on his awesomeness - I mean you can't coach awesomeness! Either you have it or you don't.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Great info

Thanks. Hope he gets healthy quick. He needs all the snaps he can get!

No news is good news as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah everyone is really hush-hush about him. Everyday there are injury updates it seems yet not a word on him. I wonder if they plan to parlay this c legit injury into one more year of development.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
LV has it bad for this guy

LOL
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Great info

Yeah everyone is really hush-hush about him. Everyday there are injury updates it seems yet not a word on him. I wonder if they plan to parlay this c legit injury into one more year of development.

Right right... and what's up with Costanzo (no details on injury), gonna shelve him too?

Fake ass injuries
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Great info

I think you hit the discus on the head!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Great info

Right right... and what's up with Costanzo (no details on injury), gonna shelve him too?

Fake ass injuries

I bet the CBA is pretty vague on injuries. Sort of like pass interference penalties. Judgement call.
Great info

I think you hit the discus on the head!

LOL...nice one! Dial did light him up when he was fully planted but I'm more curious as to his prognosis. If it's a bad high ankle sprain that could mean he's out 6-8 weeks. Therefore, if that's the case, Baalke needs to make a decision, if you know what I mean. I don't think that was their plan though...think they wanted to really give him the license to show his stuff THIS preseason.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I bet the CBA is pretty vague on injuries. Sort of like pass interference penalties. Judgement call.

What's the limit on players we can stash away?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran

its an opportunity to stash him, as he's not ready for a roster spot, and he would likely get snatched up by a bad team if he's on the PS. another year of learning and he could be ready to backup d-line. but, yeah, the silence is strange, considering he looks to have a legit ankle injury. on the other hand, he may react to injury unlike a football player, and act disabled by a very minor injury.
we shall see....
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

sign the other guy....

dude looks like a right tackle with cement blocks for feet.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

sign the other guy....

jessica ennis--olympic gold medal, and HOT

Interview with Joe Staley:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/08/14/joe-staley/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kawakami-merc+%28Talking+Points+with+Tim+Kawakami%29

-Q: What do you think about those young D-linemen–Carradine, Okoye, Dial?

-STALEY: I've been going up against Tank and Okoye, both those guys have impressed me with their strength. You definitely have to come off the snap 100% every time against those guys because they've made some plays where they've put some guys back.

So they've definitely been working hard in the off-season to work their strength up.

I think Okoye in particular has impressed me just with how far he's come from last year. I mean, last year he didn't know what to do, ever. Now he's firing off with confidence, knows what gap to fill, and he doesn't look like he doesn't belong on the field. He's a football player. I've been very impressed with him.

The rest of the interview is interesting as well.
Originally posted by 49erphan:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/08/14/joe-staley/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kawakami-merc+%28Talking+Points+with+Tim+Kawakami%29

-STALEY: I've been going up against Tank and Okoye, both those guys have impressed me with their strength. You definitely have to come off the snap 100% every time against those guys because they've made some plays where they've put some guys back.

So they've definitely been working hard in the off-season to work their strength up.

I think Okoye in particular has impressed me just with how far he's come from last year. I mean, last year he didn't know what to do, ever. Now he's firing off with confidence, knows what gap to fill, and he doesn't look like he doesn't belong on the field. He's a football player. I've been very impressed with him.

Uh oh, cciowa is going to be pissed! J/k
Uh oh, cciowa is going to be pissed! J/k

It's funny cause he doesn't back ups can any good...even though our starters were once back ups themselves
Originally posted by 49erphan:

That line is going to be scary good. Particularly in 2015, with Tank and Dial having a season under their belt and I think Okoye should be good enough to make the 53 by then. I expect another rookie lineman (probably at NT) will be in the mix and perhaps Justin Smith will be good enough to ride for another season. I really can't wait to see it.
Share 49ersWebzone