LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
CC. Of all people, you should be understanding about guys pulling for underdogs. I seem to remember someone pulling strongly for a Marlon Moore last year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
CC. Of all people, you should be understanding about guys pulling for underdogs. I seem to remember someone pulling strongly for a Marlon Moore last year.

of course i do.. i think you should know by now that most of my posts about lawrence are sarcastic and meant in good nature. if he can make the team and be a player , more power to him! i also said eric wright would be a starter for us. if you are going to talk about my track record, please include all of it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
lol at people who are gushing over trying to make a place for him while they push looney and gore out the door

Now you're just making stuff up. Pretty sure if he showed he deserves to be on this team, it would be a guy like Dobbs that would be pushed off the team. You're linking two things that have nothing to do with one another.
amp loves to pick my posts apart. I am honored! i am dramatic and i make stuff up. I used to be so confused about myself until amp cleared things up for me hey do not yell at me, I am just reporting facts based upon multiple posts in multiple threads on the day after spazz out of the web zone following one worthless pre season game.

Compelling counter argument. Maybe you can point out posters who want Okoye to make the roster at the expense of Gore. I'll wait here while you find that.
unlike you, i do not sift through lots and lots of posts to find things i can entrap people with. i feel bad for you amp. your hard on for my posts prevent you from being objective . i think you need to work on that before the season starts. i connect the dots in my own unique way,, sometimes i miss and sometimes i am on the mark, you do not like my math, then do not respond to my posts. there are people who think gore should be gone because of hydes on good game, some could be the same who think okoye should make this team, some are not. i am sorry but i do not have the time or energy to sift through lots of posts . oh and lastly you have zero sense of humor. as i said earlier, most of my posts about lawrence are sarcastic and i am just ribbing people who are jizzing all over themselves with him. i make just as much fun of myself as i do others. you should try to make fun of yourself instead of taking things sooooo seriously
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
He was a lot better than I expected him to be at this point. His strength is off the scale. It seemed to me that the only times he got pushed back was when he lost concentration and let himself get to high losing leverage. His bull rush was ridiculous. He's at a point now where I think it would be dangerous to try to put him on the PS - because this is only his second year playing the game and he already makes plays.

you guys know this stuff better than me but would he just be a victim of our numbers game esp when ray and justin come back?? did dorseys injury open the door for him do you think? i am serious for a change in regards to lawrence now
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
He was a lot better than I expected him to be at this point. His strength is off the scale. It seemed to me that the only times he got pushed back was when he lost concentration and let himself get to high losing leverage. His bull rush was ridiculous. He's at a point now where I think it would be dangerous to try to put him on the PS - because this is only his second year playing the game and he already makes plays.

you guys know this stuff better than me but would he just be a victim of our numbers game esp when ray and justin come back?? did dorseys injury open the door for him do you think? i am serious for a change in regards to lawrence now
I think he can make the team from what he showed last night. The reading and reacting improvements can only come from more playing time or practice. He has the power strength and quickness to play at this level and those you really can't coach. Either you have it or you don't, and his football intelligence is just developing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think he can make the team from what he showed last night. The reading and reacting improvements can only come from more playing time or practice. He has the power strength and quickness to play at this level and those you really can't coach. Either you have it or you don't, and his football intelligence is just developing.
i was just thinking that justin and ray will be here when the season begins, the two guys who did not play last year look like keepers so was just trying to figure who it would come down to on the d line for him to stay. wonder if his ankle will set him back a bit?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
i was just thinking that justin and ray will be here when the season begins, the two guys who did not play last year look like keepers so was just trying to figure who it would come down to on the d line for him to stay. wonder if his ankle will set him back a bit?

I hope not, but if they want to keep him and develop him they might use the ankle as an IR reason like how they did his knee last year. I hope his ankle isn't injured so that he can play soon before the regular season starts. I really want to see how he improves from preseason game to preseason game. Kaep improved every preseason game if IRC. Hope that happens to Okoye.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

I hope not, but if they want to keep him and develop him they might use the ankle as an IR reason like how they did his knee last year. I hope his ankle isn't injured so that he can play soon before the regular season starts. I really want to see how he improves from preseason game to preseason game. Kaep improved every preseason game if IRC. Hope that happens to Okoye.
understand. however unlike the rest of the guys on the team, lawrence is not well seasoned in the world of football so i really think he needs lots and lots of practice time reps and lots and lots of pre season game time. wow that is three posts without a sarcastic remark about him . i assume his ankle injury takes away the punt return threat we were told to expect before last nights game? , gee now he is just a five dimensional player
  • Garce
  • Veteran
he played a good game... hopefully he's not banged up too bad.
Is he died?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
he played a good game... hopefully he's not banged up too bad.

he does need extra work to over take those guys who have more football seasoning in them than what he does. i enjoy chatting with posters like you who bring substance to the table
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Is he died?

no he will just grow a new ankle
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Is he died?

no he will just grow a new ankle

He needs bionic, 'Murricuhn ones......from seattle
  • Garce
  • Veteran
he does need extra work to over take those guys who have more football seasoning in them than what he does. i enjoy chatting with posters like you who bring substance to the table

why do you keep winking, do you have a twitch?

He could make the team with injuries to the DL
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

why do you keep winking, do you have a twitch?

He could make the team with injuries to the DL
i always thought that icon was just a way to show affection for a fellow poster! awwwwh
Share 49ersWebzone