There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Dude is strong as an ox. Has size and speed (a lot of speed). I hope they test him out at DT... see if he can shoot through the gaps and disrupt the QB. I think the oline would have to double team him at times.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Dude is strong as an ox. Has size and speed (a lot of speed). I hope they test him out at DT... see if he can shoot through the gaps and disrupt the QB. I think the oline would have to double team him at times.

I think his athleticism is better at DE. If he can learn pass rush moves he would be unreal. You can't teach his size, strength, length, speed and agility.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think his athleticism is better at DE. If he can learn pass rush moves he would be unreal. You can't teach his size, strength, length, speed and agility.

True dat. I'm with the idea as him backing up JS or Ray... I'm hoping his progression speeds up to something special.

Although, since we thinned down a bit at the position, maybe he can help rotate.
He's got a good shot at making the 53 now with Dorsey out unless Dobbs can play well at NT. I think Williams will be back at some point as well, but Okoye may be part of the 53 and not dress on game day.
Originally posted by Buchy:
He's got a good shot at making the 53 now with Dorsey out unless Dobbs can play well at NT. I think Williams will be back at some point as well, but Okoye may be part of the 53 and not dress on game day.

no way jose
There is always room on the team for beast mode.
Can someone please explain to me what this means:

Good morning everyone. Day eight of training camp was easily to most heated practice of this year, maybe even the entire Harbaugh era. First, Chase Thomas and Jewell Hampton threw down after Lawrence Okoye (!) blew up a running play

What does blew up mean in this context?

Cheers
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Englsihfan:
Can someone please explain to me what this means:

Good morning everyone. Day eight of training camp was easily to most heated practice of this year, maybe even the entire Harbaugh era. First, Chase Thomas and Jewell Hampton threw down after Lawrence Okoye (!) blew up a running play

What does blew up mean in this context?

Cheers

He got penetration into the backfield and disrupted the play
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Nigerian Nightmare Pt ll bout to get real

Okay try that again. He's from England and someone on the team already nicknamed him "Big London". He's not from Africa but I guess you could call him an African-Britain.

nice, or how about the Oxford nightmare. Heh. I guess not.

He's got Nigerian bloodlines (parents are Nigerian)

Shagadelic Nightmare

I forgot he has Nigerian parents!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree!
Originally posted by Giedi:
I forgot he has Nigerian parents!

His dad ... the Nigerian Nightmare. I can see where he gets the physique.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
His dad ... the Nigerian Nightmare. I can see where he gets the physique.

No relation lol.
Dear baby Jesus wearing a tuxedo t-shirt, please let Lawrence Okoye pull a Clowney up the middle so he can stay on the team
Originally posted by kwest49er:
Dear baby Jesus wearing a tuxedo t-shirt, please let Lawrence Okoye pull a Clowney up the middle so he can stay on the team

LOL. I'm excited to watch him this pre season as well. He should get a lot of snaps now as well (hopefully). He really only needs to beat out Dobbs to make it on the 53. If he can play disciplined, continue to bull rush like crazy AND add a bit of pass rush as well WHILE also playing on ST's, he's got the inside track over Dobbs. Dobbs plays ST some, is disciplined against the run but offers no pass rush and is a 4th string NT if needed. It's going to be a fun battle to watch.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

no way jose

I think he has a shot.