LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 315 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Buchy:
He's got a good shot at making the 53 now with Dorsey out unless Dobbs can play well at NT. I think Williams will be back at some point as well, but Okoye may be part of the 53 and not dress on game day.

no way jose

I think he has a shot.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
He's got a good shot at making the 53 now with Dorsey out unless Dobbs can play well at NT. I think Williams will be back at some point as well, but Okoye may be part of the 53 and not dress on game day.

no way jose

I think he has a shot.

if he sucks tonight i can not wait to see the okoyexcuses if he does well, more power to him. he could take the spot of four or five players you know
Originally posted by cciowa:

no way jose

I think he has a shot.

if he sucks tonight i can not wait to see the okoyexcuses if he does well, more power to him. he could take the spot of four or five players you know

LOL. I'm pretty sure there won't be a meltdown. Dobbs is a good player too! This is NT...tough extreme crowd. If he plays well, the "faith level" will be at an all-time high and if he blows, he'll get run out of town instantly.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

no way jose

I think he has a shot.

LOL. I'm pretty sure there won't be a meltdown. Dobbs is a good player too! This is NT...tough extreme crowd. If he plays well, the "faith level" will be at an all-time high and if he blows, he'll get run out of town instantly.
respectfully disagree. I feel he has gotten to the nate davis status on the web zone where he will be forgiven all of his transgressions no matter how many times they occur. i agree that NT is a tough crowd but if a player is lucky to break through to the other side and join nate davis and bj daniels on the untouchable list they will always be worshiped
There is absolute no way Okoye is considered a NT in any situation... he's played the game for ONE YEAR lol. NT is the hardest position on the line in terms of technique, vision and leverage. They gotta diagnose the play while determining what side the double team is coming from within a split second or they get blown out of the play. Im rooting for the Brit like everyone else but the reality is it would be a huge win for him to even land on the PS... way too early to think he could back up multiple positions.
respectfully disagree. I feel he has gotten to the nate davis status on the web zone where he will be forgiven all of his transgressions no matter how many times they occur. i agree that NT is a tough crowd but if a player is lucky to break through to the other side and join nate davis and bj daniels on the untouchable list they will always be worshiped

You may very well be right on this one. After all, it IS NT!
Have to admit I cannot wait to see what the kid has learned. Is he just butt ugly strong, or does he have some finesse, some moves. If so, this should be a show. If it is just brute strength, no technique...well, it will be disappointing. I don't see him being tutored another yr and not make a contribution...no matter how strong. What do I expect? I expect to be thoroughly entertained.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
There is absolute no way Okoye is considered a NT in any situation... he's played the game for ONE YEAR lol. NT is the hardest position on the line in terms of technique, vision and leverage. They gotta diagnose the play while determining what side the double team is coming from within a split second or they get blown out of the play. Im rooting for the Brit like everyone else but the reality is it would be a huge win for him to even land on the PS... way too early to think he could back up multiple positions.

i thought he was our punt returner?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Everyone is talking about this guy playing different positions when he hasn't even played one position for an entire season... let's just wait and see. I hope he pans out and becomes a solid back up on the D line this year.

Also, have the coaches considered trying him out as back up (mascot)?

What about the legend that is Shawn Hill

Originally posted by LVJay:
Everyone is talking about this guy playing different positions when he hasn't even played one position for an entire season... let's just wait and see. I hope he pans out and becomes a solid back up on the D line this year.

Yup. I see no plans intention to put him at NT tonight unless it is extreme garbage time against pop warners.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

What about the legend that is Shawn Hill
its close but i still think nate davis is number one on the list
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

hater
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yup. I see no plans intention to put him at NT tonight unless it is extreme garbage time against pop warners.
hater

He wouldn't be a delight as back up mascot?
kory sheets.
Share 49ersWebzone