LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wait, power of the tingly mayo penis? What's his stance on this? B/c if his penis approves, you KNOW Okoye is on the fast track to the HOF. Period. LOL

i am not a hater,, if he makes the team that means he earned it and was better than someone else which is good for our team. however if he does not make it,, i am not going to be losing sleep over the fact another team like seattle may pick him up.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Imagine him at fullback I could totally see him taking Tukuafus role and contributing on special teams.

He would false start lol

this. lol
Originally posted by cciowa:
Wait, power of the tingly mayo penis? What's his stance on this? B/c if his penis approves, you KNOW Okoye is on the fast track to the HOF. Period. LOL

i am not a hater,, if he makes the team that means he earned it and was better than someone else which is good for our team. however if he does not make it,, i am not going to be losing sleep over the fact another team like seattle may pick him up.

Your message is great, your timing is poor. Let the fans get excited about a player who clearly is working his butt off and in the perfect environment to succeed...the dude isn't getting press b/c he's British right now. He's getting press b/c he pancaked one backup guard and one NFL experienced tackle and gave Staley all he could handle. When was the last time we heard that about RayMac, Dobbs or TJE...heck, even Justin? Nobody is rushing to put him in the HOF but the reports are encouraging and we're all excited to see how he has progressed personally. We all recognize he's a long shot but that's why we love 'merica...sometimes those long shots come through, even in Iowa!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Your message is great, your timing is poor. Let the fans get excited about a player who clearly is working his butt off and in the perfect environment to succeed...the dude isn't getting press b/c he's British right now. He's getting press b/c he pancaked one backup guard and one NFL experienced tackle and gave Staley all he could handle. When was the last time we heard that about RayMac, Dobbs or TJE...heck, even Justin? Nobody is rushing to put him in the HOF but the reports are encouraging and we're all excited to see how he has progressed personally. We all recognize he's a long shot but that's why we love 'merica...sometimes those long shots come through, even in Iowa!

This!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
my lord i will look for the mushroom cloud over this thread when we cut him

Stop being so dramatic. Most of us are simply intrigued with the guy's story and are rooting for him to succeed.
This
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:

Stop being so dramatic. Most of us are simply intrigued with the guy's story and are rooting for him to succeed.
This

and some of us are being realistic in saying he actually has to beat someone out and prove he is better. sorry for being a realist in a fantasy land. sorry for going against the popular crowd
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

This
ok, when he does get cut and this place goes nuclear i will remind some of you about being "dramatic" . if he makes it, i got no problem saying i was wrong but lets see him against someone other than a team mate or a tackling dummy

This
ok, when he does get cut and this place goes nuclear i will remind some of you about being "dramatic" . if he makes it, i got no problem saying i was wrong but lets see him against someone other than a team mate or a tackling dummy
Yeah, because we know his team mates are taking it easy on him so that's not a good point of reference to judge his progress. After all, it's not like they need to look good in practice, right?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
speaking of underdogs,that would be something if our new running back, smith, okoye and cook the cb all make the roster that may mean my other favorite underdog dahl may get cut . despite what you guys think and despite how much of a smart ass i am with my comments if the kid makes it great! it would almost be worth watching a whole pre season game to see him and some of the other kids get extensive time
speaking of underdogs,that would be something if our new running back, smith, okoye and cook the cb all make the roster that may mean my other favorite underdog dahl may get cut . despite what you guys think and despite how much of a smart ass i am with my comments if the kid makes it great! it would almost be worth watching a whole pre season game to see him and some of the other kids get extensive time

Pre season is one of my favorite times...you get to ID those underdogs, watch the young kids for the first time, see how players look from year 1 to 2, etc. I posted a grocery long list a while back of ALL the players expected to make huge jumps this year. And even though there aren't a ton of starting spots open, I'm just as intrigued by the competition at the backup spots and right now, it's pretty epic even with the ones you just mentioned. That's exciting!

Pre season is one of my favorite times...you get to ID those underdogs, watch the young kids for the first time, see how players look from year 1 to 2, etc. I posted a grocery long list a while back of ALL the players expected to make huge jumps this year. And even though there aren't a ton of starting spots open, I'm just as intrigued by the competition at the backup spots and right now, it's pretty epic even with the ones you just mentioned. That's exciting!

I like preseason. I watch games from start to finish. Really I love any and everything 49ers/NFL any time of year. Draft, training camp, preseason, regular season, post season, fa, draft, training......
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i love football and i love the niners but it was kind of tough to watch pre season games back in the day when we were bad. at the time , i saw bad players that you knew were going to make the team because our bar was so low( we thought jimmy maxwell was a great linebacker ). now its fun to see good players trying to make a team that is loaded with good players,, if that makes sense

i love football and i love the niners but it was kind of tough to watch pre season games back in the day when we were bad. at the time , i saw bad players that you knew were going to make the team because our bar was so low( we thought jimmy maxwell was a great linebacker ). now its fun to see good players trying to make a team that is loaded with good players,, if that makes sense

Perfect sense
yup, cc, now we have so much talent in camp that you know some of these cuts are really going to hurt. Still, it is a winnowing process and the best guys stay on. Bad part is that probably half the guys we cut, will end up starting against us elsewhere.
I said once before, we probably have the best 90 ever assembled. But that means 37 guys get the axe. Stil and all, it is one helluva lot better than cheering jimmy Maxwell, rashuan woods, et al on to defeat. I like this lots, lots better. But we sure had to wait for it. Man that was one dark , messy , tough time to be a niner fan.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

when he gets cut you will see dramatic around here . if you do not think there will be a webzone meltdown when they cut this guy.....

Repent naysayer(s), repent!! The Nigerian Nightmare (part II) shall rise. Soon your fear of what (might become) will become a reality...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P9tMXWyjUI

Then check this out for the hell of it ... it's as strange as your Viking ex girlfriend with garbage in her shower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtxQNhKXFeA&list=UUY-nD3MKsBeZtLHi3772eSg
Share 49ersWebzone