LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
As it says on the tin really
whos Okoye lawrence? What school & what position?
SWEET!
Go to work on this kid Tomsula!!!
He's the British discus thrower that turned up at a combine in Atlanta and stole the show. Never played a down, but his dad was a college player at Nebraska (I think that's right one.)

Long road ahead, but scary physical specimen.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Awesome!
Just to clarify my "I think that's the right one" is a guess it was Nebraska - the rest is definite, except Atlanta was Dallas.

From NFL.com:

The British Olympian was the talk of the event after putting together a spectacular showing on the turf. Checking in at 6-foot-6 and 304 pounds with 34 1/2-inch arms, Okoye blazed the 40-yard dash in 4.78 seconds and posted impressive numbers in the vertical (35 inches) and broad jumps (10-foot-5). Those are ridiculous numbers for a guy his size, which is why scouts certainly are intrigued by his talent and potential as a developmental project. (The 21-year-old finished 12th in the discus at the 2012 London Olympic Games and is an accomplished rugby player, but he's new to the game of football.) Now, based on his positional workout, Okoye does have to make significant strides before he's ready for the pro game. He looked a little tight in his turns and transitions, and he didn't show explosive change-of-direction quickness in drills. Still, scouts will take a chance on Okoye as a late-round prospect/priority free agent based on his sheer size, strength and athleticism.
[ Edited by mrwoodz on Apr 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM ]
Where did you see that?
Originally posted by mrwoodz:
As it says on the tin really

hope it's true. gotta link?
His own confirmed twitter account which is @Okoye

[ Edited by mrwoodz on Apr 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM ]

• jimrat
  • Veteran
#49ers UDFA signee/DL Lawrence Okoye finished 12th in discus at 2012 Olympics for Great Britian. Has never played organized football.
  • Veteran
What position? DL?
Nice!
  • Veteran
What position? DL?
Originally posted by jimrat:

he is huge!!
Share 49ersWebzone