There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CARTER BYKOWSKI T is a Niner

Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
IIRC, Boone dropped because of a shaky past with some arrests and alcohol problems. Don't recall him being regarded as a top prospect though?

Without his alcohol and off-the-field stuff, he was a 3-4 round pick. He was a good player, a huge player, who played at a major school.
Hard to believe teams wouldn't take a chance on him late. I'm so glad we got him and developed him. Great story.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Gil Brandt, NFL.com:

Carter Bykowski, OT (6-6 7/8, 306) - Bykowski ran the 40 in 5.31 and 5.46 seconds. He had a 28 1/2-inch vertical jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.72 seconds and did the three-cone drill in 7.85 seconds. He performed 25 strength lifts. Bykowski, who has 33 3/4-inch arms, opened his college career as a tight end and is capable of playing left tackle. Because of his size, Bykowski might be selected as high as the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

What's insane is that Boone was a UFA, and he was not only a top prospect, but he is taller and bigger than this guy.

Yup, it's crazy when you think about it. I remember Boone being mentioned as a 2nd or 3rd rounder before the alcohol issues.
No idea about this guy but we needed a 3rd T to compete with Wiggins. I thought Luke Marquardt would be a possibility. Won't comment on pick for now.
My dude
Originally posted by Gore_21:
No idea about this guy but we needed a 3rd T to compete with Wiggins. I thought Luke Marquardt would be a possibility. Won't comment on pick for now.

He is now that he is signed as an UDFA.

I can see our 8th and 9th OL, which we should keep 9, keeping 8 we were lucky with no injuries, keep both of these guys.
this guy def has a good chance to make the team as the swing tackle. His only competition is Al Netter and Wiggins.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
good job. This made our draft spectacular.

lolololololol