LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

POLL: Grade The 49ers' 2013 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Grade The 49ers' 2013 Draft

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Pretty impressive list of accolades.

I'm not 100% sold. The comments about a "deep team" don't seem dialed into the consensus on this forum that we ran out of gas before crossing the finish line on D last year.

Also, the speculation that Carradine might sit for a year is given non-chalantly. Like, that wouldn't have a significant negative impact. I think we need Tank for at least 2-400 snaps to say we are making progress on the rest-for-the-weary front?

Oh well, with clippings like that kudos are in order.
Dukes gave us an A?!?!? oh s**t now im worried.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Of course Lowell Cohn gives us a C+ saying we didn't address our needs. I didn't even read past the first paragraph of his dumb ass article. Simply because we didn't draft CB he thinks we didn't address our needs.

I think a C+ grade for failing to meet one need among many is harsh. We absolutely did need to find a slot CB that is better than Rogers. So I understand Cohn's criticism.

But drafting a top CB is only one way to improve pass defense. Getting pass rushers is a BETTER way. This is because a team has several receivers on the field. If you take away one, they can throw to another. But they have only 1 QB.
Share 49ersWebzone