There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

POLL: Grade The 49ers' 2013 Draft

POLL: Grade The 49ers' 2013 Draft

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Who is going to spell Aldon and Brooks? Why do you think they drafted Corey Lemonier?

Who will spell Justin... they drafted TWO DEs in Tank and Dial. Not sure what more they can do there.

3 TEs.. yes but only 1 worth a damn. McDonald can be special and the Niners need 2 very good TEs in an offense where they use 2 most of the time.

I think the Niners hit a homerun in the first 4 rounds of this draft. I wish they had traded up with all of those late rd picks to get Jesse Williams but overall this was a very strong draft.

OK. Does Lemonier have the athleticism to play off the line? Why not get Moore? Higher rated and actually can play off the line.

Dorsey simply cannot be counted on for a full season in the middle. No way. So I was hoping they would platoon that position with a real heifer. But not really a thought about that. Why not Williams? He lasted til the 5th? We could have nabbed him.

I am not sure of the QB rationale in the 7th. I don't know anything about Dion.

I guess that with a real, proven problem of depth regarding the front seven -- what we have all been posting about for 3 months now -- , they would have expended higher rated picks to solve that problem.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Reid pick. But I thought that after Reid, they would have addressed the need for size.

We need bigger not just edge faster up front.

Not even thinking about TE. That's completely out of left field. Would we have won the super bowl with a better delanie walker? Wha...? Makes no sense right?

I would also go for a real cow rather than Lattimore. Great story and everything but realistically he won't help til 2014 if everything goes right. We could have waited for a later round to try that.

Not sure I see why a mystery QB pick either. I think we go for mystery CB picks. The focus is on D for this draft I was hoping.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Don't forget we traded for Colt McCoy and Anquan Boldin from our stable of picks.

This draft has the potential to be a A++ for sure. A few of the players may also not reach their potential due to injuries or the inability to develop in which case this draft could possibly be a B or so (impossible to tell). But we drafted a whole lot of players and I'm guessing we are going to look back and say this was the draft that put us over the top for a long time to come.

I was checking to see if anyone posted that---so that was my point too--the drafted players I give an A--add in Boldin and McCoy -- A+
A-

Although its really impossible to know
Originally posted by cwilson830:
A-

Although its really impossible to know

yup in 2-3 years we will
NFL.Com gives the draft a B. I think with all the picks we could have done better.
Really though, who voted F? lol
Nothing overly sexy but not sure I've ever seen a draft that makes as much sense position wise as this one. Filling gaps and plugging holes, pretty good thing for a team one play away from winning the SB. Was a little worried our defense might be regressing but not so worried anymore.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
NFL.Com gives the draft a B. I think with all the picks we could have done better.

No they don't. I think you are confusing some "fan draft" voting thing with an actual analytical grade. I also think you are confusing which team the 49ers are, because we had a hell of draft.
[ Edited by AmpLee on Apr 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
B+

Moody and Daniels were meh picks

the rest of the draft was solid

Lol complaining about the camp fodder
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Really though, who voted F? lol

The troll Hawks fan.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
B+

We have pulled good players from those rounds before and just because they are low doesn't mean they are trash.
B+

+1 The odds of anyone we picked in the 6th/7th rounds making the team are minimal.
Originally posted by SFrush:
B+

+1 The odds of anyone we picked in the 6th/7th rounds making the team are minimal.
Trenton Robinson S Michigan State
Jason Slowey G Western Oregon
Cameron Johnson

Ronald Johnson
Colin Jones-panthers
Bruce Miller
Mike Person-with the Hawks
Curtis Holcomb

Anthony Dixon
Nate Byham
Kyle Williams
Phillip Adams-raiders

Bear Pascoe-giants
Curtis Taylor
Ricky Jean-Francois

Josh Morgan-washington
Larry Grant

[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM ]
Cameron Johnson

Ronald Johnson
Colin Jones-panthers
Bruce Miller
Curtis Holcomb

Anthony Dixon
Nate Byham
Kyle Williams
Phillip Adams-raiders

Bear Pascoe-giants
Curtis Taylor
Ricky Jean-Francois

Josh Morgan-washington
Larry Grant

We are not keeping 11 draft picks this season.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Cameron Johnson

Ronald Johnson
Colin Jones-panthers
Bruce Miller
Curtis Holcomb

Anthony Dixon
Nate Byham
Kyle Williams
Phillip Adams-raiders

Bear Pascoe-giants
Curtis Taylor
Ricky Jean-Francois

Josh Morgan-washington
Larry Grant

We are not keeping 11 draft picks this season.

every pick is important, you never know what they will become......or who will get hurt