There are 181 users in the forums

NICK MOODY thread

We'll see soon enough.

Either he makes it or he dowsn't.

I don't think JT will keep anyone who can't cut it.

I also think this is it for Oakoya [sp - sorry]

Enough time spent here.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We'll see soon enough.

Either he makes it or he dowsn't.

I don't think JT will keep anyone who can't cut it.

I also think this is it for Oakoya [sp - sorry]

Enough time spent here.

At least he stuck around long enough to become a household name...
I honestly do not think moody is that bad. I think he is an average NFL linebacker and we have been so spoiled by bow willis and borland that we forgot what average looks like.
I'm glad he received some support from Tomsulatomsula today. He has a lot of potential, he just needs to put it together. He has a great opportunity and it sounds like he's trying to take advantage of it.
This dude is turrrrrble
He may surprise some people and possibly beat out Wilhoite for the starting spot next to Bowman. He has solid size, length, can cover, and is pretty athletic. He need to improve his play recognition and shedding blockers, but I think he has some potential and I'll be pulling for him. I think Wilhoite is too limited.
They could rotate him in on passing downs for Wilhoite, since he has previous experience in the secondary, his cover skills would help.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
They could rotate him in on passing downs for Wilhoite, since he has previous experience in the secondary, his cover skills would help.

Yeah, I proposed this idea awhile back and it was met with more fizzle than pop. I think the main weakness in his game is the run game. He looks like he reads run fits sloowly and takes wide anglles to go around OL instead of through them. The reads should improve, but who knows about the physicality?
this post is the reason why I did not like fangio....his bonehead ideal about not starting a a rookie ..is why some of the players did not get the in game experience they needed ...to develop...maybe if moody had more snap his game maybe a tad bit better
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
this post is the reason why I did not like fangio....his bonehead ideal about not starting a a rookie ..is why some of the players did not get the in game experience they needed ...to develop...maybe if moody had more snap his game maybe a tad bit better

yeah we should have started moody over bowman/willis in 2013 because maybe it would mean he turns out above average. fangio is so dumb

I've always thought he looked good in the limited time he's played. He got some playing time as a rookie then went on short term IR after he broke his hand. I think we'll all be pleased with him this year.

yea fangio, the best DC that we ever had....... he dumb, aight.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I don't think I'd call Fangio the best DC we've had. I think George Seifert was better.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I don't think I'd call Fangio the best DC we've had. I think George Seifert was better.
of course george was,, fangio lucked into talent, now he has to do some real work, back to point. we got three free agents we signed so moody has to step it up.if pre season began today, i would venture to say wheeler would be ahead of him due to his experience but its a marathon and not a sprint so gotta see how it shakes out.. we do know,, this is a great great opportunity for him
Moody gets his chance this year.
Share 49ersWebzone