LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

NICK MOODY thread

Originally posted by 9moon:
Nick is a good player.. he knows how to play his position, though he was consider RAW coming out, I think that sometimes, you just need to let the young guys play from time to time, certain quarters, and let him develope..

Nick was a fine player at FSU, and you already know that he's got "speed" if he played and started for the FSU defense.. I was really impress by his plays, he's gonna make mistakes for sure, but who doesnt...

The last two games, I just hope its all about the young guys, or the future players of this team.. I don't care to see Brandon Lloyd's acrobatic catches... of Boldin physical plays.. even Crabb's great hands... I've seen them all year long.. dont need to see them anymore, I just wanna see the future of the team..

agreed, I want to see some other guys get some playing time.

Like Patton, Ellington, Moody, Lemonier, Tank, Farrel... etc
Moody should've been playing over Wlhoite the last few games. Moody looks like he has more hustle to him than Wilhoite.
pretty good first showing.
Yeah, I'd like to see him get more PT...he's quicker than Wilhoite, although overall, I think MW has acquitted himself pretty well. Opposing teams really exploited the middle of the field with Willis and Bowman gone. That won't happen next year. The other plus is both Borland & Wilhoite got mad PT this year, so will be all the better for it next season.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
He looked hesitant against the run.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
2014 Pre-Season Tape

[ Edited by DeUh on May 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Nick is a good player.. he knows how to play his position, though he was consider RAW coming out, I think that sometimes, you just need to let the young guys play from time to time, certain quarters, and let him develope..

Nick was a fine player at FSU, and you already know that he's got "speed" if he played and started for the FSU defense.. I was really impress by his plays, he's gonna make mistakes for sure, but who doesnt...

The last two games, I just hope its all about the young guys, or the future players of this team.. I don't care to see Brandon Lloyd's acrobatic catches... of Boldin physical plays.. even Crabb's great hands... I've seen them all year long.. dont need to see them anymore, I just wanna see the future of the team..

agreed, I want to see some other guys get some playing time.

Like Patton, Ellington, Moody, Lemonier, Tank, Farrel... etc

Absolutely!

These guys won't develop quickly riding the pine.

The more they get on the field the better.

Let them all play in our last games as much as possible.

I could care less if we win these last games.

It will give us a little better idea going into the draft.
Moody seems to have a good nose for the ball, but man has he missed a bunch of tackles the last couple weeks.
This is the guy who has to step up in year 3. Him and Bowman would be a good pair if he can take the next step this year.
Originally posted by steiber:
This is the guy who has to step up in year 3. Him and Bowman would be a good pair if he can take the next step this year.

yup. hopefully he bulked up during this offseason, because he got abused at times by guards and even RBs.

Maybe early reports on Moody to Trent was a factor in not going ILB???
Hopefully you guys are right. It wouldn't break my heart at all to see him lined up with Bow instead of Wilhoite
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Nick Moody Twitter

[ Edited by DeUh on May 17, 2015 at 1:17 PM ]
Sorry, this dude sucks. Completely week in run support.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Sorry, this dude sucks. Completely week in run support.

Run support is the easiest thing you can teach a ILB. I'm way more worried about a LB if he's slow and can't keep up in pass coverage or rush the QB when called upon.
Share 49ersWebzone