LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

NICK MOODY thread

The Giants have brought him in for a look. I doubt he remains unsigned for that long. He wasn't incredible in the preseason, but he was decent enough. He also is a good athlete. I don't think he's PS eligible anymore though so it could make it harder.

Originally posted by 9erred:
the 31 other teams felt so highly of him that he is still a FA. Interesting that Lawrence Okoye gets signed to an active roster and Moody is unemployed.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
The Giants have brought him in for a look. I doubt he remains unsigned for that long. He wasn't incredible in the preseason, but he was decent enough. He also is a good athlete. I don't think he's PS eligible anymore though so it could make it harder.

the 31 other teams felt so highly of him that he is still a FA. Interesting that Lawrence Okoye gets signed to an active roster and Moody is unemployed.

Giants signed Jasper Brinkley today, so Moody will probably need to keep looking.
From my understanding Wilhoite will be next to Bowman and also from what ive read Wilhoite is outstanding reading the offence and making line changes on the field. He isnt a P. Willis sideline to sideline or the best cover guy. But he plays the run well, has a good IQ which makes him legit
Should we move this to the NFL forum?
Moody was the most surprising cut. By all accounts he had a good camp. Coincidentally, it was Dockett that really hyped him up, and now they're both gone lol.

I think Moody showed some ability, but the coaches didn't seem comfortable with his knowledge of the defense. Tomsula kept mentioning how he was starting to understand the defense better, but once the pre-season started it didn't really translate.

I'm glad they decided to keep Skov over Moody. He looked like the better player to me. He's got some physical limitations, but his instincts are outstanding and he makes some nice plays.
Really perturbed about this one. Seemed like he had some real potential.... guess not.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
If they gave him a chance inside, rush would make more plays than skov.
Skov cant win against nfl 1st string opponents--hes not athletic enough.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
The way Moody was being hyped during camp, he seemed like a lock to at least make the team and maybe even to supplant Wilhoite. So, it was a bit of a shock he got cut. Still, he wasn't too impressive in the games, so I think they made the better choice in Skov. Felt bad for Moody though, since he seemed pretty optimistic re this play in OTA's and camp. Too bad it didn't translate to game situations.

Okoye is on the Cardinals practice squad. You're point is definitely still valid though.
I think he fits better in a 4-3 scheme
Moody is faster and has more physical talent , but I'm thinking Skov brings more value and could line up at OLB if needed and play ST on the kicking and receiving teams ....plus his football IQ must be superior to Moody's

Ryan Sakamoto ‏@SakamotoRyan 35s36 seconds ago

BREAKING: Ex-#49ers LB Nick Moody recently met w/@chiefs and is now off to @Seahawks to finalize contract. SEA picks up another #49ers plyr.
Ryan Sakamoto ‏@SakamotoRyan 1m1 minute ago

A source close to Moody told me that SEA wanted to make sure Moody didn't sign with NYG or KC. They wanted him bad and now they got him.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Ryan Sakamoto ‏@SakamotoRyan 1m1 minute ago

A source close to Moody told me that SEA wanted to make sure Moody didn't sign with NYG or KC. They wanted him bad and now they got him.

Seattle cheats like the Patriots.
Nick Moody ‏@Moody54TMB 3m3 minutes ago

On my way... #Seahawks #12man
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Nick Moody ‏@Moody54TMB 3m3 minutes ago

On my way... #Seahawks #12man

seriously, F*CK this offseason!
Share 49ersWebzone