There are 179 users in the forums

NICK MOODY thread

special teams guys are important. We saw what happened in 2012--special teams probably cost the Niners a championship.
What the feezy? ?
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
special teams guys are important. We saw what happened in 2012--special teams probably cost the Niners a championship.

Definitely did. That run back not only gave them 7 but completely swayed the momentum of the game.

Never mind the fact that there were blatant holding penalties committed by the Ravens that weren't called on that play but still that shouldn't have happened.
gay
tons of LB's to play ST: Moody, Wilhiot, Skuta, Cam, and Fleming
Originally posted by pdizo916:
gay

Culliver is that you?
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
gay

Culliver is that you?

You caught me.
Moody (6-foot-1, 236) was a physical free safety on the Seminoles' defense before converting to strong-side linebacker as a senior. He registered six career tackles for loss, one forced fumble, and a sack. Moody ran 4.71 at the Combine with a 1.59 ten-yard split and did 17 reps on the bench. Moody projects as an special teamer who could develop into a quality nickel 'backer for the ultra-deep Niners.
Originally posted by susweel:
I hate his attitude.

What gives you this opinion of him? Did he jack you up against the wall or something?
Nick & Tank!

Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I hate his attitude.

What gives you this opinion of him? Did he jack you up against the wall or something?

"Moody" - I think it was a joke
We needed an ILB. He'll contribute on special teams as he develops
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Moody (6-foot-1, 236) was a physical free safety on the Seminoles' defense before converting to strong-side linebacker as a senior. He registered six career tackles for loss, one forced fumble, and a sack. Moody ran 4.71 at the Combine with a 1.59 ten-yard split and did 17 reps on the bench. Moody projects as an special teamer who could develop into a quality nickel 'backer for the ultra-deep Niners.

"Moody (6-foot-1, 236) was a physical free safety on the Seminoles' defense..." Ever since we drafted him, I've been curious if Moody could project to either FS or SS on the Niners with Whitner's last year of his contract being this year. Anyone else been wondering the same about Moody? Maybe Jeff Fuller Part II? Look at his size...definitely taller than Whitner and makes me wonder if he can cover better. Supposedly, Moody is a good tackler who hits like a truck...when he was healthy at Florida St., he had 79 tackles as a Safety. Would be something if we found two good Safeties in this year's draft in Reid and Moody.
Originally posted by CraigHR:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I hate his attitude.

"Moody" - I think it was a joke

That was clever.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
tons of LB's to play ST: Moody, Wilhiot, Skuta, Cam, and Fleming

Yeah going to be difficult to cut these guys. I think we end up keeping 5 ILB although would be nice to only keep 4 but who do we cut? Moody, Wilhoite, Fleming and Skuta all capable of being backup ILB to Bowman and Willis. Some might cast Wilhoite aside due to his UDFA status but guy had 7 ST tackles in 5 games which would put him up there for team lead at that pace. Had I think as many as Gooden and Grant did when they played in 2-3 times as many games.

Now if Skuta went to OLB not sure we can keep more than 4 guys there either. Aldon, Ahmad, Haralson, Lemonier for sure. Can we keep 5 at OLB too? Seems like others positions would need the extra more. Seems like overkill if we go ILB: Willis, Bowman, Moody, Wilhoite, Fleming... then OLB: Aldon, Ahmad, Haralson, Lemonier, Skuta or Cam Johnson.... Probably end up being 4 ILB (2 of following: Moody, Wilhoite, Fleming) and then 5 OLB if Skuta is an OLB: (Haralson, Lemonier, Skuta/Johnson) with Aldon and Ahmad.
Share 49ersWebzone