LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

NICK MOODY thread

There has to be a reason[s] that every team has passed Rambo, Poyer, DaRick, Scott, Baca and taken players many are unfamiliar with!

The only one I heard/read about is DaRick. He must be really a "Problem-Person" for not just us BUT for every team to take a pass.

I wonder what are the issues w/ the other guys - especially Rambo?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Special teams? What are we doing with this guy? I see no fit here.

Special teams and depth at ILB. Not a lot behind Willis and Bowman, only Skuta and Wilhoite. We needed more competition there.
Harbaugh just said he can't wait to watch Moody cover kicks.
ST - would have preferred a big bodied NT project here rather than a tweener ILB with very limited developmental upside imho.
  • World
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I can't wait to watch Moody cover a hot dog with mustard and relish. Only place this guy should be on Sundays.
Im thinking Dixons replacment on ST.
As an FSU fan, this dude is verstile. I was surprised they moved him to OLB his senior year bc he wasn't that bad of a safety. He played corner, safety, linebacker and WR in high school.

He will have to make the team on special teams if he wants to play.
Originally posted by World:
I can't wait to watch Moody cover a hot dog with mustard and relish. Only place this guy should be on Sundays.

Why? Why couldn't he make it as a ST?
This is so Bowman doesn't have to do kick coverage anymore
  • World
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Why? Why couldn't he make it as a ST?

Perhaps he can. But unless you KNOW this guy is the second coming of Steve Tasker, why draft a guy, in any round, whose "upside" is contributing on special teams? It's not about wasting a pick (though I'm not a fan of that either), but there aren't unlimited roster spots. If this guy is also going to serve as "depth" behind Willis and Bowman, we better pray that they are both the Lou Gehrig's of the NFL and never have to come out. 20 tackles and 1 sack in 14 games last year? And did you see the video posted on NFL.com for this guy from the drills at the combine? He couldn't keep his feet in multiple drills with no one around him and has hands like feet. Unless he has the instincts of Mike Singletary (and I'm assuming he doesn't given the lack of production in college), this guy shouldn't make the roster.
[ Edited by World on Apr 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM ]

Originally posted by World:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Great input. I can see your value on the board.
Younger version of Tavares Gooden?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
. . . . is he going to be a SS? Seems pretty small

He's gonna play on ST
Rambo gone...lets just get fauria please!!!! we get fauria and I will be tickled pink!!!!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
This is so Bowman doesn't have to do kick coverage anymore

Crucial.
Share 49ersWebzone