LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The only thing I worry about with Williams is that size. The 6'1" height doesn't bother me because he's down low, but is 305 lbs. heavy enough for a NT? They seem to like him there though, so I'm hoping for the best.

Weight is not a make or break number for NT. The most important thing for a NT in Fangios systems is holding up his gap at the point of attack. You can't get flushed out or pushed off. You have to be stout and be able to hold your ground against a center and sometimes guard. The thing is that when the NT draws over a guard he is essentially closing the gap between them. If he can at least hold his ground and cover the gap on the open side of the center than hes done his job plus some. That why weight is important. It helps a player avoid being blocked out on the double team. I don't think Dial is going to be playing the 5 Tec. He just doesn't fit the bill imo. He really tall so he has work extra hard to get leverage and work the pocket. Your taking him out of his element. He's much better controlling gaps opposed to pressuring. I think they're going to bulk him up, increase his endurance, and perfect his technique over this next year. He may see some snaps but I think next year is when were going to see the finished product.
Its Dial time baby!

will probably be inactive with lamichael though lolololololol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Looked clean to me.

It's pretty dirty...but if he does that to Midget Wilson then its cool

lol that's super dirty.

Looked clean to me.

[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 19, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Looked clean to me.

Dirty, yes. Is it the nastiness we need on the line? YUP!
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Looked clean to me.

Dirty, yes. Is it the nastiness we need on the line? YUP!

I hope he dials up an immoveable force in the middle.

The DLine rotation for the forseeable future [if Fangio ever uses it] looks a lot better than it has in a very long time.

At least with Dial he is familiar with the basics of the system such that he could play McDonald's position in a pinch as well as BU NT.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
At least with Dial he is familiar with the basics of the system such that he could play McDonald's position in a pinch as well as BU NT.

True. He's familiar with the basic system, but hopefully he's also developed proper technique to be effective if called upon.

Hope he plays good tomorrow when he gets his shots.
Looks like Dial is bragging about his 'package' ... lol.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
look at the honches on dial. toilets cringe when they see him coming. nobody's moving mammy (his butt) when he decides to squat. he has a crappy looking upper body, though.

Hey Jake Locker, you'd better Dial 911...
hope he makes some plays today.
Share 49ersWebzone