There are 145 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

Shop 49ers game tickets
He's a quality back up depth player. Right about what he should be for a 5th rounder. Even Dorsey is a back up player at this point in his career. Williams and AA are set as starters next year. They need another starter in the off season in my opinion.
  • thl408
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
So if our dl is so good as you all say then why is our run d so damn soft? Serious question.
Who said our DL is so good? I know I didn't in my previous post. The run D is soft because Wilhoite is not good at reading 'run', Brooks has been up and down, Reid/Bow/Tartt can't wrap up tackles. Dorsey is solid, but he's done. The only player I can say has done well is Ian Williams. He is hands down the best run defender on the team. It's not even close.
So if our dl is so good as you all say then why is our run d so damn soft? Serious question.

check the dates on those posts. folks got way over hyped after the Minnesota game
Originally posted by thl408:
Before the season started, I thought he'd be a beast at pushing the pocket with a bull rush. That hasn't happened. As a run stopper, he's been solid holding ground at the point of attack, when the play comes directly at him, but when the play moves away from him, he loses gap discipline too often giving up cut back lanes on zone runs. I over rated him coming into the season. He's still young so he has room to grow. Definitely a keeper imo. With Tank no lnger a DE, and Dorsey out till midseason 2016, it'd be nice to give Dial some competition in next season's camp.

Agreed. He's moved from his natural position of LDE to NT to RDE and now back to LDE but who also continues to play some RDE not to mention the big switch in scheme from Fangio to Mangini.

I want this kid to settle in at LDE and just play. Kid has talent and strength and a motor and some serious desire to be a winner.

Bring in some competition, no doubt. Someone has to replace TJE and his knockdowns.
Originally posted by thl408:
Who said our DL is so good? I know I didn't in my previous post. The run D is soft because Wilhoite is not good at reading 'run', Brooks has been up and down, Reid/Bow/Tartt can't wrap up tackles. Dorsey is solid, but he's done. The only player I can say has done well is Ian Williams. He is hands down the best run defender on the team. It's not even close.

This
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers @49ers
#49ers sign DT @Big_QD92 to a three-year contract extension. DETAILS: http://49rs.co/5f3Lcb
Originally posted by Jcool:
#49ers sign DT @Big_QD92 to a three-year contract extension. DETAILS: http://49rs.co/5f3Lcb

beat me to it! Good extension! Baalke always signs up our second tier and third tier FAs first
Originally posted by Jcool:

Nice, locking them up early. Here comes the contract extensions.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
A very good signing, this one..

Dial ain't all that yet, but at least we've locked him up for the next 4 years... lets hope he does develope here..
Originally posted by 9moon:
A very good signing, this one..

Dial ain't all that yet, but at least we've locked him up for the next 4 years... lets hope he does develope here..

Yeah, thought he had a decent year at RDE but his natural position is at LDE. Hopefully, he'll continue to learn and grow and he's also reassurance at NT as well. Quality signing.

The alabama a*****e is here to stay
Nice!! Happy he got extended. Still growing as a player. He should be a solid starter for the next 4 years.
Solid but not spectacular by any stretch. Plenty of room to still grow as a player.
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN 4m4 minutes ago

49ers sign DT Quinton Dial to a 3 yr extension. Dial started 15 games in '15, posted 73 tackles, 2.5 sacks & 2 blocked FGs
Share 49ersWebzone