LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Rewatched the game about 3 times...I saw Dial single blocked about 4 times and he annihilated the offensive lineman every time.

He is going to require 2 blockers every down for the rest of the season or he will cause major havoc. Idc who the opponent was or will be.

Score one for Baalke.

Thanks for the info & this is great stuff to hear.
Rewatched the game about 3 times...I saw Dial single blocked about 4 times and he annihilated the offensive lineman every time.

He is going to require 2 blockers every down for the rest of the season or he will cause major havoc. Idc who the opponent was or will be.

Score one for Baalke.

He was one of my breakout players LAST year and then got forced to play NT...and did great there too. But man, that experience he got at NT last year, I knew, was just going to help him blow up at RDE this year...his natural position. The dude is a monster. Watching that video of Bowman, AA was in on that sack too. The combo of AA - Williams/Purcell - Dial/Tank is going to be epic for years to come. Dorsey also had a very nice game as well.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 17, 2015 at 5:25 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Score one for Baalke.

He was one of my breakout players LAST year and then got forced to play NT...and did great there too. But man, that experience he got at NT last year, I knew, was just going to help him blow up at RDE this year...his natural position. The dude is a monster. Watching that video of Bowman, AA was in on that sack too. The combo of AA - Williams/Purcell - Dial/Tank is going to be epic for years to come. Dorsey also had a very nice game as well.

I have him as my breakout player this year.
We have 3 massive defensive lineman who can command a double team at any one time. Thats crazy.
[ Edited by philosoraptor on Sep 17, 2015 at 4:45 PM ]
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
We have 3 massive defensive lineman who can command a double team at any one time. Thats crazy.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Great choice...but I'm biased. LOL
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Great choice...but I'm biased. LOL

Yeah - me too.

Also, having a real rotation and using it will help the team in a very long season and into the playoffs.
Some of these 'Bama guys make for some beastly DL's. Ed Stinson who the Cards took last year has looked pretty good for them as well.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

yep, our D lineman are really making it easier for our LBs to stop the run and rush the passer. Really cloaking our offseason losses.

I think our d-line is the reason we can blitz so effectively. All the double teaming leaves big gaps in the O-line for our faster players to breeze through
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Some of these 'Bama guys make for some beastly DL's. Ed Stinson who the Cards took last year has looked pretty good for them as well.

A'shawn Robinson, Jarran Reed, Da'Shawn Hand. They are coming in waves.

Bump...what's everyone's thoughts on his play?

I don't hear anyone really say anything good or bad.
  • thl408
Before the season started, I thought he'd be a beast at pushing the pocket with a bull rush. That hasn't happened. As a run stopper, he's been solid holding ground at the point of attack, when the play comes directly at him, but when the play moves away from him, he loses gap discipline too often giving up cut back lanes on zone runs. I over rated him coming into the season. He's still young so he has room to grow. Definitely a keeper imo. With Tank no lnger a DE, and Dorsey out till midseason 2016, it'd be nice to give Dial some competition in next season's camp.
So if our dl is so good as you all say then why is our run d so damn soft? Serious question.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
So if our dl is so good as you all say then why is our run d so damn soft? Serious question.

Darn good question actually.
Originally posted by thl408:
Before the season started, I thought he'd be a beast at pushing the pocket with a bull rush. That hasn't happened. As a run stopper, he's been solid holding ground at the point of attack, when the play comes directly at him, but when the play moves away from him, he loses gap discipline too often giving up cut back lanes on zone runs. I over rated him coming into the season. He's still young so he has room to grow. Definitely a keeper imo. With Tank no lnger a DE, and Dorsey out till midseason 2016, it'd be nice to give Dial some competition in next season's camp.

solid assessment right there. I was high on him as well coming into the season. He's been okay but I think we need some competition for training camp.
Share 49ersWebzone