There are 142 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I saw this guy play a few snaps yesterday and he was always on the ground. He needs to get low and stay on his feet. They ran right at him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
I saw this guy play a few snaps yesterday and he was always on the ground. He needs to get low and stay on his feet. They ran right at him.

PFF indicates that Dial has played 15 snaps in two games.

They rank him as average on the whole, which given his lack of practice time is not so bad.
I didn't see him do anything for us but it did not appear that he hurt us. But each snap gives him more exposure and it give Tomsula more information on how to work with him. Hopefully something good comes out of this experiment.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

Yep, I saw that too. He needs a lot of work on his leverage. At one point on two straight plays he got dropped on his face before the back even hit the line. I don't think he'll be anywhere close to contributing until he goes through a full offseason.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

PFF indicates that Dial has played 15 snaps in two games.

They rank him as average on the whole, which given his lack of practice time is not so bad.
he is healthy, he does not hurt us and given our razor thin depth on the line. i think that is more than ok with me, esp as you said with so little practice time he has had
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for TTown9ers.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Justin Smith looked bigger than him on the sideline.

Yeah, I don't think he is nearly as big as everyone says. He certainly doesn't look 350. Dorsey also looks way bigger to me.
But but some of you thought he was the second coming of Gilbert Brown. Lol
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
But but some of you thought he was the second coming of Gilbert Brown. Lol

Nope. I only hoped he could eventually become a Gilbert Brown. Totally unrealistic to expect him to be that dominant in the run game out of the gate with the limited amount of practice he has gotten.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
scrub
Originally posted by susweel:
scrub

Read a comment elsewhere that he was being pushed off of the ball.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
the suddenness of a sloth. the guy is bordering on too big. hopefully, he gets quicker when he figures out what he's doing.
I think he got a little too big. He was more effective at Alabama around 310 lbs. 350 lbs. is too much.
He just needs a summer with uwe
Don't make a new thread asking how a player did, as if you didnt watch it.
Share 49ersWebzone