LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 127 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

KID is HUGE

And look who is right next to him getting close to Locker...TJE.

What excites me as a fan is watching young guys get their shot and take advantage...if Fangio is serious about expanding his rotations...Dial, Dobbs, TJE and Tank will be major players by the end of the year and into next year. It looks like barring injury (of course) this dline is fairly set for the next few years. And not just set...but set with some serious size and talent.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

KID is HUGE

And look who is right next to him getting close to Locker...TJE.

What excites me as a fan is watching young guys get their shot and take advantage...if Fangio is serious about expanding his rotations...Dial, Dobbs, TJE and Tank will be major players by the end of the year and into next year. It looks like barring injury (of course) this dline is fairly set for the next few years. And not just set...but set with some serious size and talent.

That image shows me that Dial lost his leverage. strait legs, getting stood up by the Oline. not great.
Originally posted by THEB:
That image shows me that Dial lost his leverage. strait legs, getting stood up by the Oline. not great.

Shows me he was double teamed
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Shows me he was double teamed

This. Hes not going to be perfect but tons of dlinemen stand up right to eye the QB when their double teamed. They look to tip the pass or stop the qb run.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM ]
Originally posted by THEB:

Lock him in the "coop" Jim...
Before we get too excited about the double team, it looks to me like we only rushed 3. Therefore, based on the number of Oline blockers, he was double teamed because of a shear numbers mismatch, not any great play on his part. The NT is double teamed (and winning), Dial is double teamed ( and losing) and the LT is taking his guy straight up.
[ Edited by IMnotsoHO on Oct 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM ]
The NT has also played way more NFL snaps then Dial though, I would guess the end of the Titans game and the Jags game are going to be trying to get him up to speed in real football time.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
After rewatching the game my knock on him was he was slow getting of the ball big time. Hopefully he can fix that with more reps. He has amazing size though. Seen him put his hands up a few times. He has to learn to do that every time if he can't get to the QB because at 6' 6" he can block a lot of passes. Seemed like he had decent speed in the open field for a 340-350 pounder.

Good call, if he can maintain his position without getting moved around he'll be an asset.
He oughtta get plenty of reps against Jacksonville, that's closer to his level right now.
You have to keep in mind this guy hasnt played a snap of football since he won the natl championship in jan. Hes going to have to dust the cobwebs off. Ive seen plents if snaps of hin at bama and he def looks tight in this game.

For all we know he was told to take it easy and just eat space.

Its only up for dial unless he digresses but its way to early to draw those conclusions. Hes on the field and hopefully next week so will tank.

Thats encouraging. We need the help.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 23, 2013 at 3:36 AM ]

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
dude hes 350 and he doesnt even look fat. this guy is strong as f**k lol

he was listed as 319

they reported him around 350 like last week tho

Justin Smith looked bigger than him on the sideline.
i also thought he was a bigger, bulkier guy. his upper body and arms are not that muscular.
Originally posted by ninergold:
i also thought he was a bigger, bulkier guy. his upper body and arms are not that muscular.
I knew he was not that huge in the upper body but an offseason with uwe and he will get right. He has the frame to build significant mass
Dp
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Oct 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM ]
I think Dial can turn into a rotational NT who can eventually become a starter. He was recruited to Alabama, the #1 program in the country. He backed up Jesse Williams his whole college career. Jesse Williams fell in the draft because his Knees are shot, and teams did not think he could play long term in the NFL.

Dial does not have the wear and tear of a starter in college and the pros, if he can get his technique down from Tomosulu he will be a great pick for the 5th round.
Share 49ersWebzone