LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WeeRocco:
I like Dial he's a worker but he won't start here with our DL depth would love to see him traded for interior OL help and allow us to develop DJ Jones and potentially keep Ronald Blair.

Yeah a Dial for Guard swap would make hella sense.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I like Dial he's a worker but he won't start here with our DL depth would love to see him traded for interior OL help and allow us to develop DJ Jones and potentially keep Ronald Blair.

Hopefully that's even a possibility.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agree

IMO, Dial is more of our past than our future.

DJ has tons of potential and I see him as a long-term guy.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agree

Dial is a dude who is just consistently average. I was hoping his ceiling was higher. I would keep Blair over him. Dial could probably do well for a contender in a 3-4 as a versatile backup lineman.
Welp?
Welp?

Cough.
That's a shame. Thought he was a pretty solid player.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agree

Dial is a dude who is just consistently average. I was hoping his ceiling was higher. I would keep Blair over him. Dial could probably do well for a contender in a 3-4 as a versatile backup lineman.

I liked Dial, but I think the bolded summarizes him perfectly. Nothing special. He isn't bad, but isn't going to wow you either. If other backup D-lineman exhibit some big play ability and Blair did even last year, they will make the team over him. I wish he could've been moved for a draft pick, but the difference between Dial and a guy like Vance McDonald, is that even though Vance has his issues, the ceiling has flashed in games here and there.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I liked Dial, but I think the bolded summarizes him perfectly. Nothing special. He isn't bad, but isn't going to wow you either. If other backup D-lineman exhibit some big play ability and Blair did even last year, they will make the team over him. I wish he could've been moved for a draft pick, but the difference between Dial and a guy like Vance McDonald, is that even though Vance has his issues, the ceiling has flashed in games here and there.

Too bad ShanaLynch could not get that Dial for a Guard deal done. He's been a decent player, but time marches on.
Dial is a decent player and a good dude. Kinda bummed he got phased out, but that's going to happen to a few players when you switch schemes. He just didn't fit anymore.

Nothing special but he was a decent player. He'll find work somewhere for sure.
Another Baalke player bites the dust
Ate $1.4M to cut him.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Dial is a decent player and a good dude. Kinda bummed he got phased out, but that's going to happen to a few players when you switch schemes. He just didn't fit anymore.

I was hoping he would make it but I can see that he is a better fit for a 3-4 scheme. He'll be on another team pretty soon because he is at least a good, solid backup. Good luck to you, Quinton. Thanks for your hard work.
He really wasn't that good. No surprises. Best of luck to him.
Share 49ersWebzone