LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I wonder if extending Dial gives us the possibility of not drafting Buckner if he's still there at 7? Personally I would still take Buckner, because Buckner is an amazing talent, that would make for a great tandem again with Armstead on the other side. Dial would still get plenty of reps, especially with Chip as our head coach.

My thoughts exactly. I'd be happy if we got Buckner but feel that Dial is solid much rather land MJ over Buckner.
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I wonder if extending Dial gives us the possibility of not drafting Buckner if he's still there at 7? Personally I would still take Buckner, because Buckner is an amazing talent, that would make for a great tandem again with Armstead on the other side. Dial would still get plenty of reps, especially with Chip as our head coach.

My thoughts exactly. I'd be happy if we got Buckner but feel that Dial is solid much rather land MJ over Buckner.

I think it should be noted that Dial can also play the nose. Now with Williams' availability in question on opening day and Dorsey still on the shelf, I'd say if Buckner is still there, then he could still very well be the pick regardless of Dial's extension.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 7, 2016 at 11:54 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Elephant has perfectly legitimate concerns of Baalke extending marginal starting players while unable to acquire blue chip impact players.

you do know we can't sign those blue chip players until after March 9th...let's not put the cart before the horse.

dial got payed like a young rotational player should get paid.

Don't see what the problem is?

#SusWasRight.......Again

Right about what? Baalke not overpaying for marginal FAs...who were they gonna sign to play DE? Jackson and his $80 million?

About him unable to land impact players even with a pocket full of money.

They weren't "impact" players.

They were nice pieces who played with impact players.

There is a big difference between the two.

Just because they were FAs and the real impact guys were not, does not mean they deserve to be paid the same.

Exactly. Jackson was what? The 4th or 5th best player in the front 7 for Denver. Vernon was like the 3rd or 4th best player for the dolphins front 7. These guys got paid like they were elite game changers and not good pieces alongside elite players which they were.

lol thats pretty funny since eveyrbody was on this site jizzing in their pants to so sign him, and now he was the 5 best player on there front.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/free-agency/184696-malik-jackson-de/
Good to hear how he and Armstead were talking in the offseason a lot on how to get better.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good to hear how he and Armstead were talking in the offseason a lot on how to get better.

Arik: Yo how do you play DL?

Dial: Not sure, lets hit up Justin Smith
Time for this guy to Dial up some sacks/pressures/hurries/run stuffing - now that we've given him some new stablemates.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Elephant has perfectly legitimate concerns of Baalke extending marginal starting players while unable to acquire blue chip impact players.

you do know we can't sign those blue chip players until after March 9th...let's not put the cart before the horse.

dial got payed like a young rotational player should get paid.

Don't see what the problem is?

#SusWasRight.......Again

Right about what? Baalke not overpaying for marginal FAs...who were they gonna sign to play DE? Jackson and his $80 million?

About him unable to land impact players even with a pocket full of money.

They weren't "impact" players.

They were nice pieces who played with impact players.

There is a big difference between the two.

Just because they were FAs and the real impact guys were not, does not mean they deserve to be paid the same.

Exactly. Jackson was what? The 4th or 5th best player in the front 7 for Denver. Vernon was like the 3rd or 4th best player for the dolphins front 7. These guys got paid like they were elite game changers and not good pieces alongside elite players which they were.

lol thats pretty funny since eveyrbody was on this site jizzing in their pants to so sign him, and now he was the 5 best player on there front.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/free-agency/184696-malik-jackson-de/

That doesn't mean he wasn't wanted. It just means he's not wanted at that price. I wanted us to hold onto Donte Whitner, but not at the price Cleveland paid for him. We saw how that worked out. I think if we landed Malik Jackson in free agency then we could've traded down and gone with Shaq Lawson or drafted Stanley or Tunsil at 7. Landing one of those names in free agency would've given us more options in the draft and definitely would've made us a better team, but at the price those guys paid, I'll pass.

People say Torrey Smith is overpaid. Remember when Mike Wallace got 12 million from the Dolphins? How did that work out? When you get right down to it, sadly, most of these big name free agents never work. We are just going to have to stick to drafting good players, paying the ones that produce, and adding complementary players in free agency.

As for Quinton Dial, it should be his best season yet. He should be pretty fresh now that he most likely is no longer a starter and he will be playing next to lineman that offenses will have to worry about stopping.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Time for this guy to Dial up some sacks/pressures/hurries/run stuffing - now that we've given him some new stablemates.

Its going to be one hell of a rotation.

Arik-Williams-Buckner
Blair-Purcell-Dial
JerrodEddie
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Arik-Williams-Buckner
Blair-Purcell-Dial
JerrodEddie

TJE should be gone. Dorsey will be back at some point and he's a better overall player. I still question our long term answer at NT but we can address that next year.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Arik-Williams-Buckner
Blair-Purcell-Dial
JerrodEddie

TJE should be gone. Dorsey will be back at some point and he's a better overall player. I still question our long term answer at NT but we can address that next year.

I agree. I see Dorsey's return pushing TJE off the roster. He's buried in the depth chart as it is.

Originally posted by jreff22:

Arik-Williams-Buckner
Blair-Purcell-Dial
JerrodEddie

I agree. I see Dorsey's return pushing TJE off the roster. He's buried in the depth chart as it is.

totally forgot about dorsey. Eddie gone, Dorsey in.
Was reading this morning and... yeah...

In February, Dial signed a three-year extension with the 49ers that maxes out at $16.5 million over the contract and guarantees him $5.3 million. He had been scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in 2017. "Definitely blessed to have this opportunity to sign this extension and just happy to be a part of this organization," said Dial. "The grind won't stop just because I signed this extension. I still got that chip on my shoulder because I remember when I got drafted, there was a few people tweet at me saying, 'This guy gonna be a bust.'"

Sounds exactly like the NT Forum here.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

In February, Dial signed a three-year extension with the 49ers that maxes out at $16.5 million over the contract and guarantees him $5.3 million. He had been scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in 2017. "Definitely blessed to have this opportunity to sign this extension and just happy to be a part of this organization," said Dial. "The grind won't stop just because I signed this extension. I still got that chip on my shoulder because I remember when I got drafted, there was a few people tweet at me saying, 'This guy gonna be a bust.'"

LMAO. I listened to him on the podcast and as soon as he said that, I thought the same thing.

#ThanksSus!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

LMAO. I listened to him on the podcast and as soon as he said that, I thought the same thing.

#ThanksSus!

Sus is making these guys motivated to prove him wrong.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on May 20, 2016 at 7:46 AM ]
Our solid big homie might miss a week or two. Dorsey came back to practice today... I hope AA,Buckner,Purcell&Smith are ready. Rams don't have the best OL(would love an analysis if anyone is really informative), we should make it goal for these guys not to score more than 14-17 tops. I think we have the potential even with no Dial or Lynch if we get ahead to put a hurt on them.
Share 49ersWebzone