There are 209 users in the forums

DE Quinton Dial

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he got a little too big. He was more effective at Alabama around 310 lbs. 350 lbs. is too much.

If he's really 350, then I would agree that's a little too big. I'd want him to get on the Alex Boone and Ian Williams strength, conditioning, and diet program to get him leaner and stronger. A strong 325 or so would be way better than a soft 350.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he got a little too big. He was more effective at Alabama around 310 lbs. 350 lbs. is too much.

If he's really 350, then I would agree that's a little too big. I'd want him to get on the Alex Boone and Ian Williams strength, conditioning, and diet program to get him leaner and stronger. A strong 325 or so would be way better than a soft 350.
he's at 320 from what Dial tweeted.
Whats going on with this dude? I havent heard anything for awhile. He could be a good NT/DE.
I think he'll make the roster as the #6/#7 DL. He projects right now to be the next Ian Williams... solid depth guy who grows and develops and emerges as a candidate to start 2-3 years from now.
Yeah for now, he's had a year to digest the play book and had a bit of time on the field at both DE and NO IIRC. B/c of his versatility he's got a shot.
I really hope he makes the roster, dude has talent.
Hope he has a good preseason & shows that year of experience sitting & learning helped him out.
if he's worth it, this year will make a world of difference. he had a year to train, to study and to be around the team. let's hope these guys who didn't get to play last year are hungrier and eager to prove they can contribute and be stars too. i kind of like that dynamic with our team, rookies aren't handed ANYTHING so people make the most of their reps.. see tje and dobbs.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Quinton-Dial-Mentored-by-Veteran-Justin-Smith/f83f5d3b-7c40-4a9a-b12a-eea50c8f8946

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/8408/49ers-camp-report-day-6
Second-year defensive tackle Quinton Dial continued to have a great camp. He is always around the ball. The fifth-round pick could be a steal.
dbl
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:58 PM ]

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
if he's worth it, this year will make a world of difference. he had a year to train, to study and to be around the team. let's hope these guys who didn't get to play last year are hungrier and eager to prove they can contribute and be stars too. i kind of like that dynamic with our team, rookies aren't handed ANYTHING so people make the most of their reps.. see tje and dobbs.

Man, has this come true or what? It seems like our "red shirt" guys are coming out firing and ready to go! It makes perfect sense in the NFL too b/c rookies have SO much to digest and if they can just have a year to digest the playbook, learn from the pro's, be in meetings, work out, diet right, rehab properly (including all the surrounding areas making them even stronger), etc. when they hit the field "officially" for the first time, they are miles ahead of where they were when they first entered the NFL. Pretty awesome...
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 31, 2014 at 2:59 PM ]
I really think when they go to 4 man fronts they should use Aldon-Dorsey-Dial-Tank. You can leave Brooks in or give him a chance to get some rest. I think Raymac and Justin get worn down a lot playing on the inside on 4 man fronts. Every team has caught on the the Smith's stunts so give them a different look. I think dial will help make the line more stout in the middle and clog it up when teams try to run draw plays or quick hitters right up the gut. Just so many personnel groupings you can put out there that I think can all be successful while guys rest.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Man, has this come true or what? It seems like our "red shirt" guys are coming out firing and ready to go! It makes perfect sense in the NFL too b/c rookies have SO much to digest and if they can just have a year to digest the playbook, learn from the pro's, be in meetings, work out, diet right, rehab properly (including all the surrounding areas making them even stronger), etc. when they hit the field "officially" for the first time, they are miles ahead of where they were when they first entered the NFL. Pretty awesome...

and the 49ers get an extra year if they don't practice or play in their first year. I'm really looking forward to that first preseason game.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:

and the 49ers get an extra year if they don't practice or play in their first year. I'm really looking forward to that first preseason game.

Dial was on the 53 man for a while last year. He has one year accrued on his contract.
I can see him gone come seasons beginning.
Share 49ersWebzone