There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Kap's sister is Kelly Kapowski???

Sister in law. Kap's sister and brother look alike so it's easy to tell if you don't think all white people look alike.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think he is going to make it. He can't even make it through training camp and the preseason. He had an entire year off to rehab the knee. He has knee and hamstring connective issues already. No way he can make a 16 game seasons and playoffs.

Carlos Hyde is the future. Lattimore was not really a bad pick. He was a mid round roll of the dice based on talent. But his knees are shredded. His leg almost came off. It's the worst knee injury I have ever seen in my life. It's not surprising he is not the same. They took a chance. It didn't work out. I still don't blame them for the back though at the spot they picked him.

What was Garrison Hearst's excuse for length of time to rehab?

Avascular necrosis. The part of the bone in his ankle that broke never had its blood supply restored and basically started rotting inside his body. He had to have a bone graft from another location (I think his hip) and then had to recover from that too.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Looks like Kap but I think Kap was the only child. His adoptive parents have kids but they are white and look nothing like him. The two on the left are his brother and sister. The right side I believe is his brother in law and sister in law.

photographer had to meter the light to kap's skin tone, which completely blew out the details in the white skin.

Ha! Looks photo shoped or like some random middle eastern dude decided to photo bomb some white family picture.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Looks like Kap but I think Kap was the only child. His adoptive parents have kids but they are white and look nothing like him. The two on the left are his brother and sister. The right side I believe is his brother in law and sister in law.

photographer had to meter the light to kap's skin tone, which completely blew out the details in the white skin.

Ha! Looks photo shoped or like some random middle eastern dude decided to photo bomb some white family picture.
Did you say bomb !!!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Lattimore is just the player who shouldn't be playing on our current turf.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Did you say bomb !!!

Allah akbar!! Gotta say it at the airport!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I still think they are just taking their time. The kind of drills he is doing are pretty strenuous for them to not be consdering him almost ready to go. The only thing they have held of on is contact on the knee itself. I am guessing they are waiting for his confidence in the joint to come all the way back. From what I have been told by anyone who has tore up a knee it is all about confidence and stability....the pain is negligable.

science has progressed since Garrison and Gore's injury and this area usually is at the cutting edge, so I think they are holding him at the PUP list because they are going to see if they can keep another player at a position of need. Lattimore can be activated when/if one of the starting RB'S get dinged.
whats up with Lattimore? Is he good to go or still on IR
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
whats up with Lattimore? Is he good to go or still on IR

I don't think he will go IR(end his season) since he has been practicing. As others have mentioned, he probably will stay on the NFI/PUP lists which are essentially the same until 1) he is fully-a-go and 2) we need a RB top play which is why they have signed several off the street RBs to fill in the preseason reps for now.
Via Matt Barrows Twitter:

RB Marcus Lattimore said he expects to start season on NFI just like last year. Hope is he'll be activated after first six weeks
Marcus Lattimore said he'll start the season on NFI list. And hopes to be activated after six weeks. #49ers
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Marcus Lattimore said he'll start the season on NFI list. And hopes to be activated after six weeks. #49ers

SHOCKING,!!!!

Dude is never going to play.....
Originally posted by CWin4949:
SHOCKING,!!!!

Dude is never going to play.....

He's taking the Garrison Hearst route. Sit out for 2 seasons, then he's comeback player of the year.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I still think they are just taking their time. The kind of drills he is doing are pretty strenuous for them to not be consdering him almost ready to go. The only thing they have held of on is contact on the knee itself. I am guessing they are waiting for his confidence in the joint to come all the way back. From what I have been told by anyone who has tore up a knee it is all about confidence and stability....the pain is negligable.

science has progressed since Garrison and Gore's injury and this area usually is at the cutting edge, so I think they are holding him at the PUP list because they are going to see if they can keep another player at a position of need. Lattimore can be activated when/if one of the starting RB'S get dinged.

Glenn Winston?

Gore and Hyde are locks. After that I'm not so sure. LMJ just doesn't fit in this offense so he has to earn a spot via returns. Hampton and Smith are just blah. Nothing special. If Ellington looks like he can do the job on returns, it might leave a spot for Winston with Lattimore waiting until he truly is fully fit AND needed. Winston definitely showed something neither Smith nor Hampton have shown.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000383595/article/injury-roundup-marcus-lattimore-expects-to-hit-nfi-list