Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
BOOM!

is that you dr bill walsh?

It's me.
cockblocker. Walsh was about to get some of that pdizo action.
Man I love this pick!!!
Now, if you West Coast swerve folks can just transition this exceptional man and player from cornrows to dreads, we'd appreciate it. Like I said earlier, he's a keeper.
Favorite pick of the draft...was hoping the Niners would get him, and they got where I thought they could in the 4th. Now he can redshirt in 2013 and rehab under world-class medical care, then in 2014 tutor under YodaGore before taking over the reins in 2015. Plus I can't help but root for a kid fighting his way back after such a wicked injury.
This draft has gotten be horny again
My favorite pick since Michael Crabtree..... Love Marcus Lattimore

Would let him bang my sister if I had one
Originally posted by YungAce:
My favorite pick since Michael Crabtree..... Love Marcus Lattimore

Would let him bang my sister if I had one
While your post is quite crude.....

Seems like a great kid. The kind you would want marrying your daughter.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
BOOM!

And I thought I was the only one who watched the NFL Draft with a SD TV this year.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Gonna be real easy to root for this kid
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Seriously. He may be even more humble than Frank, and that's saying a lot.
Originally posted by GamecockFan:
Hello, y'all. Gamecock fan here.

I have watched every single down Marcus played as a Gamecock, watched every interview, and followed his career with the close interest that he compelled from every single Gamecock fan. So I've stopped by to share some Marcus stories I thought you all might like. There are so many it's hard to choose, so I'll just list some things as they come to mind:

1. In Marcus's freshman year, the Gamecocks went down to the Swamp to play Florida with the chance to win the Eastern division title if they won that game. Prior to the game Coach Spurrier asked Marcus if he would be up to carrying the ball 40 times if needed. Marcus said his usual, "Yes, sir," and then proceeded to run all over the Gators that night and more or less single-handedly win that game. Carolina won in the Swamp for the first time in school history and won the Eastern Division SEC title for the first time in school history, so the celebration was crazy. Later, Spurrier commented that Carolina had won the division title the day that they signed Marcus Lattimore. After the game, when a reporter told Marcus that Spurrier had said that about him, Marcus's eyes got real big, and he said with genuine, humble sincerity, "Coach said that about me?" I love this story, but it's not unusual. Despite his incredible talent, Marcus Lattimore never once boasted about himself in his entire time at Carolina. He always gave all the credit in the world to his teammates and coaches and family.

2. Although we had the hall-of-famer Spurrier as our coach, Carolina was still struggling to do better than an occasional 8-win season until Marcus came along. After Marcus joined our team, Carolina went 9-5, 11-2, and 11-2, including a win over Alabama and multiple wins over Georgia, Florida, Tennesee, Clemson, etc. Coach Spurrier always says Marcus was the turning point for our program. The reason is because when Marcus came along, he brought an unsurpassed work ethic, humble spirit and compassionate love of his teammates that suffused our entire football program from top to bottom. For this reason, Spurrier recognized Marcus a few weeks ago during halftime at Carolina's spring game as the greatest Gamecock to ever put on the football jersey. The fans and Marcus's teammates all cheered uproariously and Marcus just grinned and blushed and seemed yet again amazed that everyone loved him so much.

3. One of my favorite stories has to do with Marcus showing up in the stadium when other players had to do early morning disciplinary running of the stadium steps. It began to come out that Marcus would be at the stadium for these sessions too, even though he was never disciplined, of course. So, the other player involved would ask, "Marcus, you're not in trouble. Why are you here?" And, as the reports go, Marcus would always respond, "I'm here because you're here."

4. After Marcus had rehabbed from his first injury, he made it a point to reach out to players on other teams whenever they suffered similar injuries. Days before Carolina played Georgia this year, one of Georgia's star wideouts tore his acl in practice--in the hectic week leading up the matchup featuring Gameday and the #5 and #6 teams at the time, Marcus took the time to write the Georgia wide receiver a letter. This is known because the Georgia player later mentioned it.

5. Every time Spurrier talks about Marcus it's like he is talking about his favorite son. He says Marcus is the most selfless player he has ever coached and that he is one of the best people he has met in his life in any circumstance. Spurrier's exact words once were that "Marcus is so good of a person that it's almost scary."

6. Marcus is deeply loyal to whatever institution, group or person he has committed himself to. I think he senses how much Carolina fans have personally hurt for him in his injuries. I think it might be because of this that he has made a point of emphasizing in his last interviews for the school that he had spent the best three years of his life at Carolina and he would not have changed a single thing. His loyalty to Carolina and her fans has precluded for him the possibility of questioning or second-guessing any part of his experience as a Gamecock. Which is not to say that Marcus is not a critical thinker--he is a very bright young man.

And even having shared all of this, I haven't scratched the surface. Simply put, Marcus Lattimore is an uncomparably unselfish, hardworking, generous, compassionate person. Many, many Gamecock fans say without hesitation that he is their favorite Gamecock of all time. I know that he is mine. And besides all of that, he is a great back too.

Enjoy him while you have him. He's special for sure.

wow this guy is a one of a kind player. True and genuine guy. I can't see him fail with that heart and humbleness. Work ethic is through the roof and I am so happy we got him.

I think this guy is our future leader of the team.This guy has something that drives him to be one of the very best.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Seriously. He may be even more humble than Frank, and that's saying a lot.

Hes impressive as a person. I loved him and wanted him because of his play, but the more im exposed to him as a person, the more i love him.

One of the things that made Frank my favorite player in 49ers history as tht story in the dark years of the gys laughing and joking after a loss. Frrank gore left and broke down in tears, he couldnt beleive players would be joking after a loss like that. Lattimore is that kind of person.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM ]
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Hes impressive as a person. I loved him and wanted him because of his play, but the more im exposed to him as a person, the more i love him.

One of the things that made Frank my favorite player in 49ers history as tht story in the dark years of the gys laughing and joking after a loss. Frrank gore left and broke down in tears, he couldnt beleive players would be joking after a loss like that. Lattimore is that kind of person.

Parallel personalities with parallel stories. Frank is going to be a tremendous mentor to the kid.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Parallel personalities with parallel stories. Frank is going to be a tremendous mentor to the kid.

Frank even reached out and called him after his injury.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home