There are 197 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

@49ersHub According to @MaioccoCSN, he expects Marcus Lattimore to participate in training camps and (padded) practices. So fret not! -MA


https://twitter.com/49ersHub/status/490179271839993856
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
@49ersHub According to @MaioccoCSN, he expects Marcus Lattimore to participate in training camps and (padded) practices. So fret not! -MA


https://twitter.com/49ersHub/status/490179271839993856

^^^ great news!
I miss G ʻʻput em in aʻʻHearst...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,465
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Panic button at full swing today


we better get korey sheets back in here so we can at least have one decent running back around here,, s**tty off season just gets s**ttier

I prefer Terry Jackson
I gave him rest his knee health for one years. So how is his knee health 100%? Let me know. Do u think he is ready a football this training?
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I gave him rest his knee health for one years. So how is his knee health 100%? Let me know. Do u think he is ready a football this training?

When you're out of football for a year with an injury, it's many interrelated factors that contribute to getting on the field again. With his injury, the other muscles in the leg atrophy due to not being used as much. So he probably had sore quads and a hamstring issues. Those muscles need to get back up to speed. Then there's the mental aspect. The last time he was hit in a game, his leg was almost ripped off. So psychologically, he probably has stupid thoughts that if he gets hit again his leg will come off.

Once Marcus gets one good clean hit and jumps back up, he'll be fine. But not one minute before that.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I gave him rest his knee health for one years. So how is his knee health 100%? Let me know. Do u think he is ready a football this training?

When you're out of football for a year with an injury, it's many interrelated factors that contribute to getting on the field again. With his injury, the other muscles in the leg atrophy due to not being used as much. So he probably had sore quads and a hamstring issues. Those muscles need to get back up to speed. Then there's the mental aspect. The last time he was hit in a game, his leg was almost ripped off. So psychologically, he probably has stupid thoughts that if he gets hit again his leg will come off.

Once Marcus gets one good clean hit and jumps back up, he'll be fine. But not one minute before that.


Yes. I know his knee was badly and big problem. I don't want to see him break his knee again. I feel bad for him. 49ers is dumb draft him but I don't understand why the 49ers draft him. I guess. 49ers should cut him?.. I am deep sorry about him.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Yes. I know his knee was badly and big problem. I don't want to see him break his knee again. I feel bad for him. 49ers is dumb draft him but I don't understand why the 49ers draft him. I guess. 49ers should cut him?.. I am deep sorry about him.

It was low-risk decision. If he doesn't work out, we have Carlos Hyde. But if he returns to form, we hit the jackpot. Healthy, Lattimore was a first round pick easily.
People need to understand that we not only have two of THE best RB's in the NFL but now have the 5 best, top-to-bottom. If Lattimore still isn't 100%, we could easily put him on the PUP list for another 6 weeks into the season or even I.R. and save him for next year given the depth we have. He's been out of football for a while now so the chance of him beating out Hyde (fresh out of college as the #1 RB with momentum), Hunter and even James at this junction isn't fair. That said, at 100% healthy and confident and with his football legs back under him, he could be very very dynamic and help us become the best one-two punch in the NFL for ages. If he's 100% healthy he'll give it a go and if not, no rush on bringing him along very very slowly (hence the early PUP designation).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,326
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Yes. I know his knee was badly and big problem. I don't want to see him break his knee again. I feel bad for him. 49ers is dumb draft him but I don't understand why the 49ers draft him. I guess. 49ers should cut him?.. I am deep sorry about him.

It was low-risk decision. If he doesn't work out, we have Carlos Hyde. But if he returns to form, we hit the jackpot. Healthy, Lattimore was a first round pick easily.
I think he'll be fine. The knee injury repair science has advanced since 2005. We have the best doctors in the NFL. We don't need Lattimore to be like his old self before the injury, not with this powerful and deep o-line. All he needs to do is regain his confidence and his RB vision and the O-line should take care of the rest.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,326
Originally posted by NCommand:
People need to understand that we not only have two of THE best RB's in the NFL but now have the 5 best, top-to-bottom. If Lattimore still isn't 100%, we could easily put him on the PUP list for another 6 weeks into the season or even I.R. and save him for next year given the depth we have. He's been out of football for a while now so the chance of him beating out Hyde (fresh out of college as the #1 RB with momentum), Hunter and even James at this junction isn't fair. That said, at 100% healthy and confident and with his football legs back under him, he could be very very dynamic and help us become the best one-two punch in the NFL for ages. If he's 100% healthy he'll give it a go and if not, no rush on bringing him along very very slowly (hence the early PUP designation).
I think if the 49er doctors do this right and pull off another Gore situation with Marcus, our RB core will be very strong for years to come.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
People need to understand that we not only have two of THE best RB's in the NFL but now have the 5 best, top-to-bottom. If Lattimore still isn't 100%, we could easily put him on the PUP list for another 6 weeks into the season or even I.R. and save him for next year given the depth we have. He's been out of football for a while now so the chance of him beating out Hyde (fresh out of college as the #1 RB with momentum), Hunter and even James at this junction isn't fair. That said, at 100% healthy and confident and with his football legs back under him, he could be very very dynamic and help us become the best one-two punch in the NFL for ages. If he's 100% healthy he'll give it a go and if not, no rush on bringing him along very very slowly (hence the early PUP designation).
I think if the 49er doctors do this right and pull off another Gore situation with Marcus, our RB core will be very strong for years to come.

No question about it...and either way, although I'm pulling for the kid like everyone else, if he isn't structurally right this year or needs more time to build back up his surrounding/supporting muscles, we have plenty of weapons. Even if we get hit with the injury bug, we can also always call up (or back) Jewel Hampton who's been a pre season MVP and seasoned RB in our system. Take your time Mr. Lattimore...there is no rush/risk.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Yes. I know his knee was badly and big problem. I don't want to see him break his knee again. I feel bad for him. 49ers is dumb draft him but I don't understand why the 49ers draft him. I guess. 49ers should cut him?.. I am deep sorry about him.

BuZz - you are the best!

No one wants to see him get hurt again, of course, but what could be better or more redemptious after that terrible injury (injuries) than to get back on the field and play at a high level? What else is life for if we can't fulfill our purpose and do what we love...

Nuff said...