There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

When I said he would start on the PUP everyone laughed at me. He is not ready.

Eventually, he will be, but this was not your average ACL tear.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
When I said he would start on the PUP everyone laughed at me. He is not ready.

Eventually, he will be, but this was not your average ACL tear.

How much longer? when will he be 100%? and how does his tear compare to Bowman's? How can Bowman be projected to comeback late this year or post season but Marcus is still not even 100% ready for training camp closing in 2 years after his injury
What is the benefit of him starting camp like this?
Originally posted by jta854:

Hyde will get a bigger role
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Hyde will get a bigger role

This and the fact that Marcus will be babied a little bit due to the hamstring injury in the off-season. Just a precaution. It's a long season and even longer if they go all the way to the super bowl. I'm betting he'll be fine when regular season starts.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Panic button at full swing today

Yeah . . . I'm concerned about his long term durability, but word was he weathered OTA's and Mini-camp just fine. I think this is another procedural move.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Yeah . . . I'm concerned about his long term durability, but word was he weathered OTA's and Mini-camp just fine. I think this is another procedural move.

Exactly my point, and whats this people confusing the Pup list with the NFI list last time i checked NFI stood for non-football injury list and these players are considered active, just relax ppl Gore 2.0 is coming
so does this mean Lattimore can't practice until taken off NFI?
Found this online and now I'm more at ease with the situation, seems like a good decision:

it is likely a very logical move on the part of the 49ers. Lattimore has been taking part in practice sessions, but on the off chance that something doesn't shake out with his training camp physical, it makes sense to retain the NFI option.

If Lattimore practiced on day one, and then the knee became a problem during that practice or otherwise in the early part of training camp, they would forfeit their use of the NFI list. If I had to guess, I could see Lattimore coming off the NFI list shortly after camp gets going. We can look to Kyle Williams and Kendall Hunter for comparisons. The 49ers placed both men on the PUP list to start training camp on July 20, 2013. They then activated Williams on July 25, and Hunter on August 10.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/17/5913657/marcus-lattimore-to-begin-training-camp-on-nfi-list-per-field-yates
Please, in the name of Seth cook who attended the REAL SC let him be ok or else, I have to buy another iPod touch 5th gen....
If Lattimore needs another year to get right, the Niners should be patient. The RB field is too crowded now anyway.
No worries, we still got Frank.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
see, this is why you can not get all shook up and put gire out to pasture just assuming this kid , who has zero nfl experience can just step right in.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

we better get korey sheets back in here so we can at least have one decent running back around here,, s**tty off season just gets s**ttier

you cant go on the PUP list without starting on this list i believe