There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
http://fansided.com/2014/05/06/nfl-rumors-marcus-lattimore-admits-hes-100-percent-yet/#!LFiN9

Cause for concern? I was hoping he and Hyde would be the next great RB duo in the NFL, but this concerns me a little. The Hyde pick also makes you wonder, maybe it wasn't just BPA, Lattimore isn't doing as well as they'd hoped

If he doesn't retweek it and goes through the full TC and preseason, he will be fine. He just needs to get hit a few times and get back into proper game shape. By the bye week we should know what we have in him. Hunter can take a bigger load to keep the touches lite on Latt and Hyde for a while. Come week 8-10 we unload these guys like an artillery barrage.

Give him time. It's not a good thing to force him into action. Plus we have 4 more months until the regular season start so he will have plenty of time to heal up.

A large part will be mental confidence in the knee because he's not tested it in game scenarios as yet.

Once he get's into contact and into pre-season games I think he'll be fine, he'll know what he can do.

I love that he has Gore as a mentor. Considering Gore has reconstructed both knees and shoulders, and became the 49ers all-time rusher, you know Lattimore is listening to his advice.
So Lattimore's at camp practicing which is good. He doesn't look especially fast or agile in the video, but it's good to see him running

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353226/article/niners-marcus-lattimore-returns-to-field-for-minicamp
I don't expect much at first.

He'll need some time, IMO, to get his confidence back and retune his instincts.

By mid season we'll all have a much better idea.
  • DeUh
From Tuesday, Jun. 17, 2014 by Matt Barrows

" Marcus Lattimore looks noticeably better and more explosive than he did two weeks ago when he was recovering from a hamstring strain. He caught an out pass early in practice and burst up field. It's hard to say whether Lattimore is 100 percent – I've never seen him practice in person until last month – but he certainly is making Progress. "
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Latt is going to be a beast for us in the coming years. Can't wait.
Lattimore and Hyde!

Just....... Wow.
I dont think I have ever pulled for a rookie this hard. I just want to see this kid succeed so bad, it was such a shame the way his college career ended. It isnt often you have non-niner fans bringing a player up in conversation and saying they hope he works out. So happy to hear he is full go and looking good. Hyde coming in may have been a sneaky smart move it is a hell of a young 1-2 punch if it works out and you are saving Lattimore some wear and tear on the tires.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I dont think I have ever pulled for a rookie this hard. I just want to see this kid succeed so bad, it was such a shame the way his college career ended. It isnt often you have non-niner fans bringing a player up in conversation and saying they hope he works out. So happy to hear he is full go and looking good. Hyde coming in may have been a sneaky smart move it is a hell of a young 1-2 punch if it works out and you are saving Lattimore some wear and tear on the tires.

same here man, that injury was so horrific, when I showed it the replay to my family, several of the women got tears in their eyes. I love that he has Frank Gore to look up to everyday, I know FG's injury wasn't as bad, but it's such a similar situation, good to know he has somebody to look up to everyday that can relate to him.

I never want FG to go, but his time is coming. If Hyde/Lattimore reach their potential it's going to be awesome having a 2 back system that can truly dominate.
Originally posted by DeUh:
From Tuesday, Jun. 17, 2014 by Matt Barrows

" Marcus Lattimore looks noticeably better and more explosive than he did two weeks ago when he was recovering from a hamstring strain. He caught an out pass early in practice and burst up field. It's hard to say whether Lattimore is 100 percent – I've never seen him practice in person until last month – but he certainly is making Progress. "

This, me likey. Grant Cohn mentioned that Lattimore "caught one pass in the flat, planted his left foot, cut and exploded into the end zone for a touchdown." If it was his left knee that got shredded, that's an encouraging observation.
I think his left knee was the first injury, the right the last one. But I still have tremendous faith in the kid. His motivation, focus, tireless workout ethic, and just plain guts, will have him doing some good things on the field this year! Go Marcus!!
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/06/17/6491427/mini-notes-lattimore-more-explosive.html
  • Disp
  • Veteran
It's getting me excited how Roman describes Lattimore and Hyde. He says Lattimore is more of a gasher and slasher with Hyde being more of a bull (can't remember exactly what he said, but that was the gist). Gonna be exciting seeing both of these dudes in preseason and the coming years.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:
Lattimore and Hyde!

Just....... Wow.

Thunder and Lightning!
Funny that about a month ago ppl were FREAKING out with that article saying Lattimore wasnt 100% & he wasnt all there either mentally. Man ppl sure are quick to jump the gun on some old news. Where are all the doubters now at???
I love this dude. But I wonder how fast he is now.

inb4iamcalledadoubter