There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by Giedi:
A powerful o - line that won't let him get touched for the first 3 yards should minimize any lack of explosiveness. Besides we don't run a spread offense where explosiveness is a needed skill set. A power running game needs more vision than anything else. From what I've read about him, he has loads of vision.

This, we tend to run a lot out of 22 or from the Q formation which means he'll run 3+ yards just to get to the LOS and then pick his hole. With a healthy Iupati and hopefully, an upgrade at C with Kilgore, add in Boone, we might have something inside there if we can implement a more threatening and consistent passing game.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
bye bye gire

Gire isn't going anywhere
http://fansided.com/2014/05/06/nfl-rumors-marcus-lattimore-admits-hes-100-percent-yet/#!LFiN9

Cause for concern? I was hoping he and Hyde would be the next great RB duo in the NFL, but this concerns me a little. The Hyde pick also makes you wonder, maybe it wasn't just BPA, Lattimore isn't doing as well as they'd hoped
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
http://fansided.com/2014/05/06/nfl-rumors-marcus-lattimore-admits-hes-100-percent-yet/#!LFiN9

Cause for concern? I was hoping he and Hyde would be the next great RB duo in the NFL, but this concerns me a little. The Hyde pick also makes you wonder, maybe it wasn't just BPA, Lattimore isn't doing as well as they'd hoped

it was a serious knee injury that could have ended his career

and

we have no idea how he will do in a game situation, just the kid being honest imo.
Ugh I hope this dude can recover his old form. He's such a likable guy you want him to be great so badly.

If he doesn't retweek it and goes through the full TC and preseason, he will be fine. He just needs to get hit a few times and get back into proper game shape. By the bye week we should know what we have in him. Hunter can take a bigger load to keep the touches lite on Latt and Hyde for a while. Come week 8-10 we unload these guys like an artillery barrage.
Originally posted by jreff22:

If he doesn't retweek it and goes through the full TC and preseason, he will be fine. He just needs to get hit a few times and get back into proper game shape. By the bye week we should know what we have in him. Hunter can take a bigger load to keep the touches lite on Latt and Hyde for a while. Come week 8-10 we unload these guys like an artillery barrage.

Give him time. It's not a good thing to force him into action. Plus we have 4 more months until the regular season start so he will have plenty of time to heal up.

I think it's pretty simple, we lost Dixon and hyde can do what we need most, short yards, goaline, and pound a defense in the 4th. He's going to be like what Dixon was used for, but will actually have someone that loves contact and doesn't dance.
Great quotes ro read by Lattimore himself and Ellington on Lattimore:

"It's been going good," Lattimore told 49ers.com on Thursday. "I'm real happy because I've had no knee problems, nothing in my knee, no soreness, no swelling."
"It's all the other muscles around the knee getting used to the workload again and going full-speed," Lattimore said. "That's what I have to get used to, going full-speed again and getting those instincts back that I've had. "I'm taking it one day at a time. Your hamstring gets sore, your calves get sore, but you push through that. And once you get used to that as the weeks go by, the more I get into football shape, I feel like I'll be fine." "I'm getting a lot of reps out there," Lattimore said. "I'm learning from the best, Coach (Tom) Rathman, and from watching the veterans, seeing how they work. I'm learning every day, learning more and more about the game every day." "I'm building up towards OTAs, minicamps and when it matters," Lattimore said, "I want to be in there and that's the season."
"I look at like it's competition (on Hyde)," Lattimore said. "Competition brings out the best in you. It brings out the best in every player in the backfield. We've got a group of great guys and we all want the best for each other, but at the end of the day, we all want to play. "We're going to compete and we're going to bring the best out of each other and we're going to have a great backfield."

So how does Lattimore look on the field these days? Take the endorsement of his former college teammates, fourth-round draft pick Bruce Ellington. "He looks good," the young wide receiver said. It's not a surprise for Ellington, who knows how hard Lattimore works at his craft." I knew Marcus was a hard worker," Ellington said. "I knew once he got to the NFL it was going to transition over. He's doing the same thing, working hard, getting after it and trying to be the best he can be."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Marcus-Lattimore-Update-Ready-for-RB-Competition/4ad5fa6b-e8bc-4b59-ac3c-dd0b782efa9a
[ Edited by NCommand on May 15, 2014 at 5:54 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

"It's been going good," Lattimore told 49ers.com on Thursday. "I'm real happy because I've had no knee problems, nothing in my knee, no soreness, no swelling."
"It's all the other muscles around the knee getting used to the workload again and going full-speed," Lattimore said. "That's what I have to get used to, going full-speed again and getting those instincts back that I've had. "I'm taking it one day at a time. Your hamstring gets sore, your calves get sore, but you push through that. And once you get used to that as the weeks go by, the more I get into football shape, I feel like I'll be fine." "I'm getting a lot of reps out there," Lattimore said. "I'm learning from the best, Coach (Tom) Rathman, and from watching the veterans, seeing how they work. I'm learning every day, learning more and more about the game every day." "I'm building up towards OTAs, minicamps and when it matters," Lattimore said, "I want to be in there and that's the season."
"I look at like it's competition (on Hyde)," Lattimore said. "Competition brings out the best in you. It brings out the best in every player in the backfield. We've got a group of great guys and we all want the best for each other, but at the end of the day, we all want to play. "We're going to compete and we're going to bring the best out of each other and we're going to have a great backfield."

So how does Lattimore look on the field these days? Take the endorsement of his former college teammates, fourth-round draft pick Bruce Ellington. "He looks good," the young wide receiver said. It's not a surprise for Ellington, who knows how hard Lattimore works at his craft." I knew Marcus was a hard worker," Ellington said. "I knew once he got to the NFL it was going to transition over. He's doing the same thing, working hard, getting after it and trying to be the best he can be."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Marcus-Lattimore-Update-Ready-for-RB-Competition/4ad5fa6b-e8bc-4b59-ac3c-dd0b782efa9a

I hope he's ready!
A bruising power runner, Hyde averaged 6.11 yards per carry for his Ohio State career. Arguably the draft's top back, Hyde joins a crowded, but uncertain, 49ers' running back corps. Frank Gore is in the twilight of his career, while Marcus Lattimore has hinted he'll never regain his pre-injury form. Kendall Hunter has been ticketed as a change-of-pace back. It makes Hyde an attractive investment in Dynasty leagues, though he's unlikely to be a re-draft asset this season.

This is the explanation section on roto world for the Hyde signing...

God I hate NBC who I believe owns roto world (correct if wrong)... Where do they get off ... "Never regain his pre-injury form"... They are obviously full of s**t cuz he never said that... But should I be surprised, these r the d bags pushing the HarBaalke nuclear reaction..
What's funny is, as I was reading those quotes, I could hear Lattimore's voice in my head. The dude has such a soft, mellow, humble tone, you can't help but root for him. He seems like a genuinely good-hearted kid.
Originally posted by theduke85:
What's funny is, as I was reading those quotes, I could hear Lattimore's voice in my head. The dude has such a soft, mellow, humble tone, you can't help but root for him. He seems like a genuinely good-hearted kid.

You probably won't find a more humble kid. No matter what team you support, one can't help but be a fan of him.
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
A bruising power runner, Hyde averaged 6.11 yards per carry for his Ohio State career. Arguably the draft's top back, Hyde joins a crowded, but uncertain, 49ers' running back corps. Frank Gore is in the twilight of his career, while Marcus Lattimore has hinted he'll never regain his pre-injury form. Kendall Hunter has been ticketed as a change-of-pace back. It makes Hyde an attractive investment in Dynasty leagues, though he's unlikely to be a re-draft asset this season.

This is the explanation section on roto world for the Hyde signing...

God I hate NBC who I believe owns roto world (correct if wrong)... Where do they get off ... "Never regain his pre-injury form"... They are obviously full of s**t cuz he never said that... But should I be surprised, these r the d bags pushing the HarBaalke nuclear reaction..

Use it as fuel, my man, use it as fuel.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Give him time. It's not a good thing to force him into action. Plus we have 4 more months until the regular season start so he will have plenty of time to heal up.

A large part will be mental confidence in the knee because he's not tested it in game scenarios as yet.

Once he get's into contact and into pre-season games I think he'll be fine, he'll know what he can do.