There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Wow I as DEAD WRONG on this pick. Turns out Lattimore may never play in the NFL. I was Clamoring for the 49ers to pick him in the 4th round which they did but boy was I wrong. I know he's yet to play a game but this news has to be devastating to him and the team. Basically almost a wasted pick #131 overall 2013 Draft. I as Wrong. Please Marcus PROVE MY ASS WRONG. I am ROOTING for you. Hope Everything works out.

Lolwtf
Wow I as DEAD WRONG on this pick. Turns out Lattimore may never play in the NFL. I was Clamoring for the 49ers to pick him in the 4th round which they did but boy was I wrong. I know he's yet to play a game but this news has to be devastating to him and the team. Basically almost a wasted pick #131 overall 2013 Draft. I as Wrong. Please Marcus PROVE MY ASS WRONG. I am ROOTING for you. Hope Everything works out.

Calm down. Definitely unsettling and disappointing news to hear BUT, training camp and preseason hasn't even started yet. Still plenty of time for him to prepare and get closer to 100%...we just have to wait and see.

This guy
bye bye gire
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

This guy

Hahahahhaha yeah, knowing the Niners I bet Harbaugh & Baalke told him to say this...
  • Phil

Sky falling....falling and..... the sky has officially fallen.
No matter what happens with this guy, the work mentality and drive this guy has is something I want all of our players to have.
Rooting for you Marcus, if anybody is going to come back from this it's him.

I have a feeling he is going to make it.
SMH.

Early May.
I don't see what the issue would be waiting on him another year if we have to.
People said Gore was going to burn out 3 years ago... Lattimore IMO is a perfect replacement, and if he needs to take another year so what. Gore still looks great and Hunter is a beast.
He will be just fine, and so will our RB depth
Don't write off Marcus just yet. He tells it like it is and will not lie or sugar coat it. He will continue to improve and will most likely be close to his college form by August. Of course he is rusty, he hasn't played since the Tennessee game. As he said, he will have to get out there on the field and be chased by defenders and get the adrenalin flowing again to help shift him into higher gear.
Not trying to blindly say he will be a superstar or the next Gore, but if anyone can do it, he can. We'll see how things are in August. He has a whole lot of people praying and pulling for him.
"Lattimore concedes that he still lacks the first-step burst, the explosiveness through the hole, that once helped him rush for 1,197 yards with 17 rushing touchdowns as a freshman at South Carolina. Lattimore suspects that part won't come back until he's on the field again and gets the adrenaline boost that comes from being chased by a defender."

Worried about the first sentence until I read the following sentence. Context.
Originally posted by whirledps:
Don't write off Marcus just yet. He tells it like it is and will not lie or sugar coat it. He will continue to improve and will most likely be close to his college form by August. Of course he is rusty, he hasn't played since the Tennessee game. As he said, he will have to get out there on the field and be chased by defenders and get the adrenalin flowing again to help shift him into higher gear.
Not trying to blindly say he will be a superstar or the next Gore, but if anyone can do it, he can. We'll see how things are in August. He has a whole lot of people praying and pulling for him.

Agreed. The article merely states that, "Lattimore concedes he still lacks the first-step burst and explosiveness through the hole that he possessed as a freshman."

Well no sh!t Sherlock. He hasn't played a game in over a year and while he is most likely in the best physical shape of his life, he's not in FOOTBALL shape just yet. That's what OTA's, training camp and pre season is for. Structurally, it doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with him at all and like Carradine, he is ready to go. He'll have to get his feet wet, build up his quick-twitch muscles, develop that trust in his knee (psychologically) and be patient. And I don't know if people have noticed but Gore doesn't exactly have a first-step burst anymore or electric explosiveness through the hole either and he's done very well in this power running game. Marcus talks about learning pass blocking from Gore (which is wonderful BTW), his technique, learning from the best in Rathman, etc.

Just be patient people. He was ready to go late last season and we've taken all the precautions. And while it's not a guarantee of anything, he's going to have a very good chance to get back to form in the next 5 months before kicking off the new season.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 6, 2014 at 7:06 AM ]
Marcus will be ready when his # is called , dude is tough as nails
Originally posted by d49izme:
"Lattimore concedes that he still lacks the first-step burst, the explosiveness through the hole, that once helped him rush for 1,197 yards with 17 rushing touchdowns as a freshman at South Carolina. Lattimore suspects that part won't come back until he's on the field again and gets the adrenaline boost that comes from being chased by a defender."

Worried about the first sentence until I read the following sentence. Context.

Have to be honest, if I had a 300 pound linebacker chasing after me, that would give me the adrenalin boost to move way faster than usual!

I think that Gore has no intention of fading quietly into the night, and if Lattimore needs another season of recuperation, that's cool. But it would be nice to see him being gradually introduced into the equation this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
A powerful o - line that won't let him get touched for the first 3 yards should minimize any lack of explosiveness. Besides we don't run a spread offense where explosiveness is a needed skill set. A power running game needs more vision than anything else. From what I've read about him, he has loads of vision.