There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

This guys gonna be badass....just wait and see. He has power, vision, makes quick changes in direction with no loss of speed. I love me some Gore...best niners back ever, but Lattimore is next man up.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
This guys gonna be badass....just wait and see. He has power, vision, makes quick changes in direction with no loss of speed. I love me some Gore...best niners back ever, but Lattimore is next man up.

Very excited to see what he brings next season. From reports and updates of his recovery, I'm pretty optimistic (although cautiously)
lattomire
I see a ceiling/style of Eddie George, maybe slightly more loose in the hips. Would be nice if he lived up to that and we could follow up a soon to be 10,000 yd rusher in Gore with another one.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Very excited to see what he brings next season. From reports and updates of his recovery, I'm pretty optimistic (although cautiously)

If he gets a breakout game early in the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh pulled the ol 'hot hand' routine.
even if lattimore
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
even if lattimore

???
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by fister30:
Lattimore is somehow getting elevated as the guy who will help the team's rushing attack despite not taking a single snap yet. Neither Hunter or James have enough carries or opportunities in a game to this point to discredit either one. I still see James as the most explosive back out of the current three. If James improves at returning he may keep a slot on the roster and hunter might be the odd man out if lattimore does whatever in practice to impress the coaching staff. Honestly, I don't see lattimore having anymore success than hunter or james while gore is in a 49er uniform. I can't see Gore taking a reduced roll or even losing his starting gig anytime soon.

Niners use a power running game and neither Hunter or James have the physique to run up the middle consistently. Latt does.

This is true and many have forgotten about Hampton who is more Gore-like and has paid his dues as well. Don't be surprised to see him really push (and possibly emerge) as a contributor on our team WITH Lattimore/Gore and spelled by Hunter (assuming James is done).
Best comparison for Marcus Lattimore regarding recovery and projection is Willis McGahee who also tore 3 ligaments in his knee and came back to have a successful career in the NFL.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McGaWi00.htm
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
Best comparison for Marcus Lattimore regarding recovery and projection is Willis McGahee who also tore 3 ligaments in his knee and came back to have a successful career in the NFL.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McGaWi00.htm

Good find. Forgot about that dude. That was a grim injury.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Gonna keep bumping this video because it is pretty badass and is getting me pumped up for 2014.

He has an amazing ability to make cuts and change directions at almost full speed - really a good runner.
Lattimore needs to take 50% of the RB carries. Gore can take 30% and Hunter 20%.

I love Gore so much, but he sure did look slow last year.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Lattimore needs to take 50% of the RB carries. Gore can take 30% and Hunter 20%.

No. Gore should remain the feature back, unless someone takes it from him. Still was a top 10 back in the league last year.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

If Lattimore is 100% then yeah
If Lattimore does get to 100% by September, then I hope we do see the carries being split between him, Gore and Hunter. Lattimore's knee will be the biggest question mark.

2011 was close with Gore and Hunter, but the last time we really had 2 RBs splitting carries was Hearst/Barlow at the end of Mariucci's time here.