There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

My guess is Gore is the starter at day 1 and by mid season they both carry the load. I hope Roman uses a lot of screen passes to both Gore and Lattimore there both good outlet plays if no one is open instead of Kaep running all the time dump it off them. I also hope they use some plays where both Gore and Lattimore are on the field at the same time. But that might be a little to creative for Romans offense.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Feb 7, 2014 at 7:41 AM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I was happy when he was picked by the 49ers BUT they better draft another workhorse type in the middle rounds this draft too just incase Marcus's knees don't hold up.

Yeah there are some nice physical running backs in this draft. Jeremy Hill and Carlos Hyde would be nice, but we would be drafting too high on a position we are already stacked at if we take one of them. Any good late round backs?

RB Andre Williams Boston College 6'0 227 lbs

Lattimore is 5-11, 221. That's 1 inch and 6 lbs short of what you guys are calling a big, physical back.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I was happy when he was picked by the 49ers BUT they better draft another workhorse type in the middle rounds this draft too just incase Marcus's knees don't hold up.

Yeah there are some nice physical running backs in this draft. Jeremy Hill and Carlos Hyde would be nice, but we would be drafting too high on a position we are already stacked at if we take one of them. Any good late round backs?

RB Andre Williams Boston College 6'0 227 lbs

Lattimore is 5-11, 221. That's 1 inch and 6 lbs short of what you guys are calling a big, physical back.

Your point?

Andre Williams didn't dislocate his knee and tear 3 ligaments. This ain't saying Lattimore can't come back...just sayin' we can't COUNT on him coming back the way he was.

Also should be noted that being a physical back doesn't always have anything to do with size.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Your point?

Andre Williams didn't dislocate his knee and tear 3 ligaments. This sin't saying Lattimore can't come back...just sayin' we can't COUNT on him coming back the way he was.

Wasn't there a tweet or a report from people around the Niners late last year that Lattimore actually was running faster and quicker than he did before his injuries? I could have sworn I saw something like that. I'm guessing they want to take a good long look at him before they invest a high draft pick in a running back this year.
Your point?

Andre Williams didn't dislocate his knee and tear 3 ligaments. This sin't saying Lattimore can't come back...just sayin' we can't COUNT on him coming back the way he was.

Wasn't there a tweet or a report from people around the Niners late last year that Lattimore actually was running faster and quicker than he did before his injuries? I could have sworn I saw something like that. I'm guessing they want to take a good long look at him before they invest a high draft pick in a running back this year.

I think that may have been Hunter
Williams is big and has break away speed, a later pick would be okay with me.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Your point?

or even Kyle Williams
Originally posted by sfout:
Your point?

or even Kyle Williams

actually, i think it was manningham
"According to the Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows, Lattimore hasn't suffered any setbacks on his knee injury, and he is taking snaps with both the scout team and the 49ers regular offense each day. That's definitely great news, and Lattimore has plenty of time to continue his recovery and will only become even more intriguing.The most important thing, though, is that Lattimore doesn't feel limited by the injury anymore and is going at full speed. Per Barrows, Lattimore is cutting and accelerating "the way he used to" and "isn't holding back" anymore. Here's what Lattimore said, "I'm hitting it. When I'm out there, I'm going at the pace I normally would.""

I'm hoping this is all accurate. By most accounts, when Lattimore was at full strength, he was an extremely productive running back.
Even if Lattimire
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by sfout:
Your point?

or even Kyle Williams

actually, i think it was manningham

definitely wasn't. even if you're just continuing the trend of naming every 9er w/ a knee injury.
It was a risky pick and still is. Can't depend on guys like this to takeover the RB position. We should cut lmj and draft another.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It was a risky pick and still is. Can't depend on guys like this to takeover the RB position. We should cut lmj and draft another.

Shame about LMJ. He's one of those guys that hasn't been used to right.
http://www.marcuslattimore.com/
Originally posted by lucky_49:
http://www.marcuslattimore.com/

He looks good in a 49er uniform, looks like f**king Brandon Jacobs clone, same helmet. I hope this dude heals 100%, we need a bulldozer dominator on 3rd down in Seattle/Zona games.