There are 201 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Seems like he will eventually be a GREAT compliment to Hunter and James. He brings a size and power combination they don't have. Those three guys could be the best RB group in football some day.

I think in a few years if he gets back to shape those 2 will be complimenting him!!
Gire meet your protégé Lattimire.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by Jcool:
show me a starting running back in college that doesn't get catches or yards. he has improved his pass catching since coming as a freshman, but those stats were nothing special. when you run the ball 30-40 times a game like carolina did, of course you're gonna catch the defense for a couple of check downs to your RB. He's a not a player that you can depend on in a passing game to run correct routes and make some tough catches, like frank did, when the pass protection broke down.

Eddie Lacy: 3 years 35 catches 338 yards.

umm..he was a start for 1 year lmao, and didnt even average 20 rushing attempts a game...

In his one year starting: 22 catches for 189 yards.

it's called a system. just because colt brennan had like 5000 yards passing for hawaii a couple years ago, doesnt mean he has a great arm now, does it?

marcus played for a carolina team, that had the likes of Shaw and Garcia passing the ball, with their limited arm strenght, of course marcus is gonna get some passes thrown his way. if he was a great pass catcher, they would've been sending him on medium-long routes, which they rarely did, or run screens for him, which they rarely did.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM ]
Seriously. Who could possibly have it better than us?
Originally posted by jango4985:
Seriously. Who could possibly have it better than us?

people who died from old age immediately after the 94 superbowl?
Awesome!
it's called a system. just because colt brennan had like 5000 yards passing for hawaii a couple years ago, doesnt mean he has a great arm now, does it?

marcus played for a carolina team, that had the likes of Shaw and Garcia passing the ball, with their limited arm strenght, of course marcus is gonna get some passes thrown his way. if he was a great pass catcher, they would've been sending him on medium-long routes, which they rarely did, or run screens for him, which they rarely did.

Like I said earlier, we don't run many RB screens because our offensive line has never executed screens well. There were some in that link I posted and Lattimore killed them. And the reason Lattimore never ran many intermediate routes was because our OL was usually bad enough on their own pass blocking so we'd keep him in there since he's a great blocker at RB. Spurrier does not like to send RBs on medium/long routes, he never has and he never will. If anything, our system is what prevented him from having more catches, not what gave him a lot of catches. You really don't know what you're talking about here.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Yes your totally correct having a strong arm is the exact same thing as being a running back being able to catch the ball.... He is a running back and not a hybrid back. Of course they were going to have him primarily running the ball, he was one of the best rushers in college football. Just because he was asked to rush more does mean he doesn't have the ability to catch the ball.
Really like this pick. Hope he regains his old form soon
Niners fans staring at their tvs when the 4th round selection came out... Marcus Lattimore!

Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
marsh staring at his TV when the 4th round selection came out... Marcus Lattimore!

*fixed
Originally posted by JD81:

I know...gotta step my mancave TV game up....But I had to post this. Working on my reaction for every 49ers pick as well.

Glad I wasn't the only one jumping LOL
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
Originally posted by JD81:

I know...gotta step my mancave TV game up....But I had to post this. Working on my reaction for every 49ers pick as well.

Glad I wasn't the only one jumping LOL

For sure!
Steal of the draft
Video about his rehab and working with Dr. James Andrews