There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Gore has one more solid year left. This should give him enough time to tutor Latt.

Unless he has a 1200 yard season next year, it will probably be gore's last season. I would hate to see gore go, he was a consummate professional and deserves to be in the hall of fame. That being said, I'm very excited to see lattimore next season. We'll see how Seattle deals with our beast from the bay.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He runs super high and has huge injury history. I'm skeptical about him big time. I need to see it before I believe it. He could get killed in the NFL. Plus he may not be healthy enough to make a difference.

Tom Rathman and Frank Gore will fix this

Maybe. But will you take away what he naturally does well. Plus I don't know how well his injuries have healed. People are hoping on this one. And I hope it works too. But I'm skeptical.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Gore has one more solid year left. This should give him enough time to tutor Latt.

Honestly, I think Gore and Latt share the load next year, HUNTER is traded, and LMJ is the #3.

That isn't a commentary on Hunter BTW...it has more to do with the time remaining on his rookie contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took another back BTW (you know, since they've done so every single year for 4 years now).
I'm actually with SD on this one. The tangibles are there but I have to see him take NFL hits and hold up over the course of a season before getting really excited. The potentialfor greatness is there, but so is the potential for disaster.
based simply off of his major knee injuries he is just another guy until proven otherwise. what frank gore over came was great but its no the norm. wish the best for the kid but i dont have much expectations of him and certainly am not depending on him.
Originally posted by crabman82:
based simply off of his major knee injuries he is just another guy until proven otherwise. what frank gore over came was great but its no the norm. wish the best for the kid but i dont have much expectations of him and certainly am not depending on him.

c/s Just have no clue what they have in this guy. Samething to be said about Tank. These guys might never be right for real. Wait and see.
Originally posted by lamontb:

c/s Just have no clue what they have in this guy. Samething to be said about Tank. These guys might never be right for real. Wait and see.

you could say the same about tank. although its an acl injury that typically you can come back from. he is also a d-lineman. lattimore had an acl, then the next year one of the worst knee injuries i have ever seen. yes he was good before hand, but will he get back to that? he is a running back and that is far more cause for concern for me that a d-lineman. i wish him the best and would love to see a nice run or two in the preseason to get me to change my mind, i just need to see it first before i buy in and depend on him.

you could say the same about tank. although its an acl injury that typically you can come back from. he is also a d-lineman. lattimore had an acl, then the next year one of the worst knee injuries i have ever seen. yes he was good before hand, but will he get back to that? he is a running back and that is far more cause for concern for me that a d-lineman. i wish him the best and would love to see a nice run or two in the preseason to get me to change my mind, i just need to see it first before i buy in and depend on him.

One thing I can say about the Lattimore injury. It LOOKED horrific, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. It was "just" the three ligaments. No nerve damage, etc.

Given his work ethic I think he has an excellent chance to come all the way back.

Now..what DOES worry me is that he might be prone to injuries due to his running style...but then again I worried the same thing with Frank.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jan 21, 2014 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:

One thing I can say about the Lattimore injury. It LOOKED horrific, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. It was "just" the three ligaments. No nerve damage, etc.

Given his work ethic I think he has an excellent chance to come all the way back.

Now..what DOES worry me is that he might be prone to injuries due to his running style...but then again I worried the same thing with Frank.

i agree. i just think he has such a name value as a good college player people just think oh we got lattimore we'll be fine. i tend to pump the brakes on things a bit in that regard.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

i agree. i just think he has such a name value as a good college player people just think oh we got lattimore we'll be fine. i tend to pump the brakes on things a bit in that regard.

Fair enough.

I like the guy, but to be honest his running style does worry me a bit. He also never had breakaway speed. Again tho, I felt the same way watching Frank in his final year at Miami. He just didn't seem to be the same guy.

Wow. I was wrong. LOL.
Between Tank and Lattimore, I'm going for at least one of them to be a star. If the other guy busts out, the gamble overall last draft would be still worth it!
<blockquote class="quote">Originally posted by <strong>biggiep</strong>:<br />
Between Tank and Lattimore, I'm going for at least one of them to be a star. If the other guy busts out, the gamble overall last draft would be still worth it!</blockquote>

I think lattimore has a better chance of coming back. There were reports in November that tank was still getting swelling in his knee. Marcus on the other hand and his doctor have both said he has had no set backs. If lattimore had not been injured I have no doubt he was a top 5 pick. that's why people are excited! If 1 or both of these guys come back to previous form your right about it being worth the risk.
If I was the 49ers GM during the 2013 draft I would have pulled the trigger on Eddie Lacy. Just sayin..
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
If I was the 49ers GM during the 2013 draft I would have pulled the trigger on Eddie Lacy. Just sayin..

are you a wizard?
Can't wait to see this kid next season. Barring injury he's taking the backup role from Hunter.