There are 178 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Guess im in the minority, but think he looks sexy in that #38 uniform.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Guess im in the minority, but think he looks sexy in that #38 uniform.

i dont mind the number, steven jackson looked fine in 39, i think willie parker wore a number like that too
Part of the "reasoning" behind Lattimore wearing #38. Hopefully there will be some similarities between their football careers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Rogers_%28American_football%29
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Part of the "reasoning" behind Lattimore wearing #38. Hopefully there will be some similarities between their football careers.

That explains it all. South Carolina connection and everything else.

I'll gladly cheer for #38 on offense, just weird cause it always looks like a defensive #. Hell its weird seeing Bobby Rainey on the Bucs with #43 as an RB.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont mind the number, steven jackson looked fine in 39, i think willie parker wore a number like that too

or he could change to 28 during the offseason
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

That explains it all. South Carolina connection and everything else.

I'll gladly cheer for #38 on offense, just weird cause it always looks like a defensive #. Hell its weird seeing Bobby Rainey on the Bucs with #43 as an RB.

Darren Sproles has been wearing 43 since he came in the league, and I think Stephen Davis (Panthers RB a while ago) wore some crazy # like 48 or something.
I like #38 for Lattimore. Can't think of many noteworthy players who wore that number. Lattimore can make it his own.
Mike Anderson wore #38 and did some special things for Denver. Not to mention was a former Marine..(geez wiz) he still holds the record for rushing yards in a game for the Broncos at like 252
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Dude's gonna have a great career for us

Reminds me a lot of Gore tbh
Our new Beast Mode!!
I hope he becomes our version of Lynch.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

reminds me nothing of gore. I would say more like Arian Foster. He hits the hole hard and also has great vision. Physically though, he doesn't seem as strong as Gore, especially consdidering how Gore always churns his legs after first contact and always moves forward. He hopefully will be faster though!
Can he play FB?
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

reminds me nothing of gore. I would say more like Arian Foster. He hits the hole hard and also has great vision. Physically though, he doesn't seem as strong as Gore, especially consdidering how Gore always churns his legs after first contact and always moves forward. He hopefully will be faster though!

reminds me of miami gore/early 49er gore