There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

• JD81
  • Veteran

I know...gotta step my mancave TV game up....But I had to post this. Working on my reaction for every 49ers pick as well.
[ Edited by JD81 on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
him and frank are a little different.

think more like steven jackson when it comes to lattimore. he's got a strong upper body as well, and won't always put his head down like frank, he will bulldoze his way through backs, and uses the stiff arm very well.

also, i forgot if gore was a good pass catcher coming out of college, because marcus isn't. that's the one area he needs a lot of improvement in. rarely did south carolina set up screen passes for him.

71 catches for 767 yards in college (14.2 yards per catch as a freshman)

show me a starting running back in college that doesn't get catches or yards. he has improved his pass catching since coming as a freshman, but those stats were nothing special. when you run the ball 30-40 times a game like carolina did, of course you're gonna catch the defense for a couple of check downs to your RB. He's a not a player that you can depend on in a passing game to run correct routes and make some tough catches, like frank did, when the pass protection broke down.
OMGQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;besdf'oawidbvd'fojbdsa'vljosabvo'uerwabv'ou'obdfb'jbdavBV'ojbvwjurkvbwsuvjkbwev;V;VBXF.JKBS,FJBHSEIVUBSRJLHSB

IM SOOOO HAPPPPPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FRANK GORE 2.00000000000000000000000000000!!!!!

HARBAALKE
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
show me a starting running back in college that doesn't get catches or yards. he has improved his pass catching since coming as a freshman, but those stats were nothing special. when you run the ball 30-40 times a game like carolina did, of course you're gonna catch the defense for a couple of check downs to your RB. He's a not a player that you can depend on in a passing game to run correct routes and make some tough catches, like frank did, when the pass protection broke down.

Eddie Lacy: 3 years 35 catches 338 yards.
Seems like he will eventually be a GREAT compliment to Hunter and James. He brings a size and power combination they don't have. Those three guys could be the best RB group in football some day.

umm..he was a start for 1 year lmao, and didnt even average 20 rushing attempts a game...
He's in the perfect system for a one cut and run - especially w/out OLIne.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

umm..he was a start for 1 year lmao, and didnt even average 20 rushing attempts a game...

In his one year starting: 14 games 22 catches for 189 yards. (5 games with 0 catches)

Lattimore: 9 games 26 for 173 yards
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM ]
also, Garcia and Shaw, had terrible arms, of course he's gonna get some catches
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

Given his knee injury and #49ers RB depth, Marcus Lattimore was asked about taking a "redshirt" rookie season ...

"We really haven't even talked about that, so I don't really have any clue. My main goal right now is to go in there and work hard. Go in there and learn the offense. If I'm ready to play, I'm going to play. If I'm not, I'm not. It's going to be the best decision. I know the coaches and the doctors, we're going to make a great decision. So I'm not worried about it."
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Why everyones does 49ers fans seem too exciting about Lattimore? ... I feel bad that he got bad his knee for surgery! I am not sure if he will effect our team get to scare about injured.. I am kinda worried about our team!

Think 2014.

He can't playing this year? sure why not. let him rest and keep health his knee! If he will have strong his knee for ready in 2014? then Do it! Keep Faith!!!
Why everyones does 49ers fans seem too exciting about Lattimore? ... I feel bad that he got bad his knee for surgery! I am not sure if he will effect our team get to scare about injured.. I am kinda worried about our team!

Think 2014.

He can't playing this year? sure why not. let him rest and keep health his knee! If he will have strong his knee for ready in 2014? then Do it! Keep Faith!!!

Well said Buzz!
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM ]

I honestly don't get this at all. How many games did you watch with Lattimore? Guy ran great routes, especially wheel routes. He had some huge catches in his career. Just watch his highlights from Kentucky in 2010. And if you're talking about how we didn't run a lot of screens with him and using that as an indication he isn't a good pass catcher and then saying he can't make tough catches, those arguments are contradictory. If your RB has to make tough catches on screens, you need a new QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBT4PhDMbt8

He makes a ton of nice catches in there.
[ Edited by carolinafan on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM ]