There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by sfout:

so weird to see that number on a RB. Really hope he changes it next season when other #s become available.

Well, both #20 and #28 are available right now...kinda surprised he didn't change it already.

#28 would look good on him.

Great to see him practicing!
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
He needs to be activated after 3 weeks. Gore still has 6 games left and that's a lot more wear and tear. We currently have 4 active RBs. I know James and Dixon have special teams value but I'd rather have Lattimore available if Anything happens to Frank. I don't think see Hunter as a workhorse and I think the power run game which we live and die by only is possible with Gore.
Originally posted by nj9er:
He needs to be activated after 3 weeks. Gore still has 6 games left and that's a lot more wear and tear. We currently have 4 active RBs. I know James and Dixon have special teams value but I'd rather have Lattimore available if Anything happens to Frank. I don't think see Hunter as a workhorse and I think the power run game which we live and die by only is possible with Gore.

He won't be activated. They will take no chances with him. They want him 100% next year.
They should IR Marcus and let him and the knees heal properly, he'll be a BEAST in about 9 months from now.
They will IR him. They're just letting him get some practice reps since the rules allow it.
So happy for him...he has been waiting for this "reward" for a long time...just a chance to feel like part of the team and play some football. Good for him!
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
They should IR Marcus and let him and the knees heal properly, he'll be a BEAST in about 9 months from now.

he will be IR'ed, by rule they're basically given a free 21 days to let him do something without taking up a roster spot.
Originally posted by crabman82:
he will be IR'ed, by rule they're basically given a free 21 days to let him do something without taking up a roster spot.

This. Im glad they're letting him practice with the team though. Its been a long time coming so he earned it.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by crabman82:

This. Im glad they're letting him practice with the team though. Its been a long time coming so he earned it.

literally no harm no foul as long as hes been cleared to practice. its a free 21 day period, they'd be foolish to not take advantage of it.
At the very least he will do a great impersonation of Alfred Morris and Marshawn Lynch on the scout team.
activate him in time for playoffs instead of Dixon… Dixon is history after this season!
Originally posted by kazak13:
activate him in time for playoffs instead of Dixon… Dixon is history after this season!

He is a FA so yea, but i still dont understand the hate for Dixon He has been a great ST player for us.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He is a FA so yea, but i still dont understand the hate for Dixon He has been a great ST player for us.

I agree. Hes been great for the team.
I just hope he changes it. 20 and 28 are available like you guys said... next year 24 (Dixon), 25 (Brown), 30 (Wright), 31 (Whitner) could be available as well with those guys being free agents. Anyways, back to Lattimore I don't think it will take him too long to beat out James and Hunter for the #2 spot. Hunter to me has regressed this year. Could be that he is not fully back in game shape and 100% healthy. Part of it is Roman calls the sweep plays a lot of the time Hunter is there and 9/10 times it loses yardage. I think Hunter was best in 2011 and then 2012 but it goes hand in hand that our OL is down as well. Hunter is a FA after 2014, his price should be going down week by week. I'm not sure I want him back but we will see how he does the rest of this year and into 2014. Like I said Lattimore should quickly become the #2 guy. As for Dixon he will go elsewhere for more playing time and a little more money. He could probably be the 2 or 3 on many teams and here he will be the #5. Just not room for him with Gore, Lattimore, Hunter and James. He won't get the carries he wants and I don't see him back even though to me he is a much better player now then he was early on. He's not a bad guy to have on a team he's very versatile and is a good locker room guy.