MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dGilleran:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Swami:
Marshawn Lynch from the Seahawks. That is who he looks like.

Really?

Damn he better keep that helmet on

Man, that dude is ugly.

Don't care how ugly he is. I'd love for him to be a 49er. Dude is probably the hardest runner (not named Adrian Peterson) in the league today.

Yeah, he is a beast. I'll give him that.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Swami:
Marshawn Lynch from the Seahawks. That is who he looks like.

Really?

Damn he better keep that helmet on

Man, that dude is ugly.

Don't care how ugly he is. I'd love for him to be a 49er. Dude is probably the hardest runner (not named Adrian Peterson) in the league today.

Yeah, he is a beast. I'll give him that.

Damn!!! Anthony Dixon got some competition!!!
Looks like Jaws from the James Bond Movies
Is he on IR? I read the 49ers have a couple of weeks to activate him. Is this true??
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Is he on IR? I read the 49ers have a couple of weeks to activate him. Is this true??

They do. I forget the name of the list he is on, but because his injury didn't occur in NFL action, it wouldn't be the same injury list that other vets would be on if I'm not mistaken. Regardless, he isn't playing this season.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
My instinct is to agree with most assessments that he's solid, but doesn't quite have what it takes to be a star back at this level. When I really pay attention to his highlights though, having watched them extensively, I think he has what a lot of backs don't: great endurance. His best descriptor is the "workhorse" back. Ever notice that Frank can pound the rock 3 plays in a row but almost always gets gassed and has to come out? Yeah, that's not happening with Lattimore. I've seen him stay in for 10+ consecutive run plays in college, and it wasn't uncommon. From a fundamental standpoint though, he does run pretty high, doesn't have breakaway speed in any sense of the term, and tends to rely on his vision. I'd like to see him bulk his legs up and learn to run lower, which perhaps Frank can help him with. I believe he's a Matt Forte type of back; solid, strong, motivated, though not as naturally gifted as an Adrian Peterson or even an Arian Foster. He's going to make his bread at this level by being reliable and consistent, not by lighting up the highlight reels. I've got no problem with that.

I disagree with some of it. I think he cut-back ability was second to none in college at that size. That's natural gift and his vision was second to none. IMO...a fully healthy Lattimore has the ability to be a star in the league. His vision and cut-back ability is one of the reasons why not many SEC defenders got a hand on him on many of the runs.
could have used another WR with this pick instead of wasting it on a player who will probably never play again.
Originally posted by susweel:
could have used another WR with this pick instead of wasting it on a player who will probably never play again.

Sustroll.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Sustroll.

say what you want but I have my serious doubts him playing again or playing at a high level.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Sustroll.

say what you want but I have my serious doubts him playing again or playing at a high level.

For a late 4, it was worth it. Its not like they hadn't JUST selected Quinton Patton a few picks before.
Originally posted by 49FanMan:
/

I'm not sure if this is a good highlight video, but I don't see anything that screams extraordinary talent. He runs very high, looks fast, but isn't even touched in most of the clips. Honestly, it reminds me of Glenn Coffee highlights...

Ya know what trips me out on that vid?

When they first get to him and move the leg, you can actually see it POP back into place.

Strange as it sounds, but that makes me think he just might make it back.

As for what you are saying...I totally disagree.

I understand kinda what you mean about his play style and how it doesn't look "electric" or anything like that. What he DOES seem to have tho is VISION. You see him not even get hit alot...that's true, but WHY isn't he getting hit? He's playing in the SEC so its not like he's playing against a bunch of bad teams. He is one of the best goal line runners you will see in college football.

Its his vision and ablity to change direction that are exceptional, not his straight line speed.

To put it another way, Frank succeeded in the NFL after two ACL injuries. Why? Because he's biggest attribute wasn't in his knees so he couldn't be robbed of it. His biggest attribute is his VISION.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]
Baalke just said on 95.7 that the practice window starts for Lattimore this coming Tuesday 11/19, the last date possible under NFL rules...so once he starts practicing, they will have 21 days to decide on whether to activate him or shut him down.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they're even talk about practicing...I seriously doubt they activate him, but just the fact this guy is going to practice is great news for his future.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Baalke just said on 95.7 that the practice window starts for Lattimore this coming Tuesday 11/19, the last date possible under NFL rules...so once he starts practicing, they will have 21 days to decide on whether to activate him or shut him down.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they're even talk about practicing...I seriously doubt they activate him, but just the fact this guy is going to practice is great news for his future.

He will get his three weeks practice then go on IR. It was planned this way from the beginning.
Marshawn Lynch is one of the ugliest people ever lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Marshawn Lynch is one of the ugliest people ever lol

He looks like a f**king pirate. I always picture him with an eye patch and tricoorn hat.