There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Tbh,he looks like Marcus Lattimore.

tbh, he probably looks like Marcus Latt
He looks more like my ex-wife, with kankles.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Arian Foster with some Ricky Watters ability. Not bad.

I saw a little bit of this.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Latt has his own style of running. He's got great instincts to go with a little wiggle in his game.
Originally posted by Swami:
Marshawn Lynch from the Seahawks. That is who he looks like.

Really?

Tbh,he looks like Marcus Lattimore.

tbh, he probably looks like Marcus Latt

tbh you repeated yourself.

tbh, you probably repeat.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49FanMan:
/

I'm not sure if this is a good highlight video, but I don't see anything that screams extraordinary talent. He runs very high, looks fast, but isn't even touched in most of the clips. Honestly, it reminds me of Glenn Coffee highlights...

Well you really can't judge any player fullyon his highlight videos. But from what I see of Lattimore, hes got good visions and hits the holes, doesn't dance like a Kevan Barlow or Anthony Dixon. IMO I think hes comparable to Arian Foster or Matt Forte. With a good head on his shoulders and hard work,determination like hes been doing, I think he will be the 9ers future feature RB.
My instinct is to agree with most assessments that he's solid, but doesn't quite have what it takes to be a star back at this level. When I really pay attention to his highlights though, having watched them extensively, I think he has what a lot of backs don't: great endurance. His best descriptor is the "workhorse" back. Ever notice that Frank can pound the rock 3 plays in a row but almost always gets gassed and has to come out? Yeah, that's not happening with Lattimore. I've seen him stay in for 10+ consecutive run plays in college, and it wasn't uncommon. From a fundamental standpoint though, he does run pretty high, doesn't have breakaway speed in any sense of the term, and tends to rely on his vision. I'd like to see him bulk his legs up and learn to run lower, which perhaps Frank can help him with. I believe he's a Matt Forte type of back; solid, strong, motivated, though not as naturally gifted as an Adrian Peterson or even an Arian Foster. He's going to make his bread at this level by being reliable and consistent, not by lighting up the highlight reels. I've got no problem with that.
Lattimore may be good at some point, but I'm not holding my breath. If he can return to form, that'd be awesome -- we'd have three starting caliber RBs on the roster. But I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

He was worth the risk where we picked him. High reward, for not that high of a pick in the late 4th.
Originally posted by Psinex:

Really?

Damn he better keep that helmet on
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Really?

Man, that dude is ugly.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Really?

Man, that dude is ugly.

Don't care how ugly he is. I'd love for him to be a 49er. Dude is probably the hardest runner (not named Adrian Peterson) in the league today.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Really?

Man, that dude is ugly.
He ain't ugly. It's that grill in his mouth. Without it he looks like a mans man. Not a pretty boy but a roughneck. He ain't about being cute he is about rolling up the sleeves and grinding it out. He gets the job done. Its a lot of chicks dig a guy like that. He sure beats those stick figures in the GQ mag with makeup and lipstick on their lips. Be a real man not some beautiful mistake that breaks like glass
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Nov 15, 2013 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
If your not impressed, i dont know what you are looking for in a back. He is also a great pass catcher.

All you need to know about Lattimore is in this game highlight video.

He was at his best 2011 pre injury IMO. He was just getting 100% healthy in 2012 when he got re injured IMO. He was averaging 143 all purpose yards a game in 2011.

what stands out the most to me is how quickly he goes from running up field to lateral and back. He does it all without slowing down.