There are 228 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Lattimore was a stud at SC. I don't know what you guys are smoking, but you guys are crazy.

I know, seriously.

He was, hands down, the best RB in the nation when healthy. And the consensus says he would have been top 5 without the latest injury.

Does he have a huge challenge in front of him? Sure.

But this dude was tearing up the SEC (when it was dominant) on a regular basis.

He isn't a Darren Sproles or LaMichael James. He isn't a lateral runner. He is a 225 lbs. f**king bulldozer. Get to know him.

So that's what I'm asking. What is his running style? Just because you have a lot of yards doesn't mean you are a great runner. It could be more of the system than the back. You said he is a bulldozer, but I didn't see any highlights of him "bulldozing" defenders. Heck if you watch Dixon's highlights you would think he was the next Jim Brown off that one TD run in college.

I don't know enough to argue it, that's why I'm asking for input.

Edit: Not to bring up Glenn Coffee again, but didn't he have a ton of yards in the SEC? Obviously he wasn't as highly thought of, but he did have a lot of yards.
[ Edited by 49FanMan on Nov 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM ]
LOL We got him in the 4th round and you guys are seriously questioning it?

He was a consensus top 10 pick pre injury.

Worse case scenario we spent a 4th round pick on a short yardage back.

He has insanely high character attributes, good measurable, and great work ethic, great lateral movement, he is patient, has good vision, and deceptive speed. He is also sitting behind one of the best backs in the league, and has spent an entire year probably not doing much else but bulking up in the weight room. He will be fine.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

He has insanely high character attributes, good measurable, and great work ethic, great lateral movement, he is patient, has good vision, and deceptive speed. He is also sitting behind one of the best backs in the league, and has spent an entire year probably not doing much else but bulking up in the weight room. He will be fine.

I don't think anyone is questioning the pick in round 4. What is being questioned is if he will be the eventual franchise back many on this board seem to expect him to be? That's all. I don't have strong feelings one way or another, I'm just not impressed.

Yeah, even coming off the other ACL he had regained his form and was a for sure 1st rounder. Don't know about top 10 one way or the other but I wouldn't doubt it.

When all is said and did, this pick will remind folks of the luck we had in the 3rd round in 2005
Doesn't matter how good he is after his recovery. It's not like our coaching staff will play him any time soon.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
His running style is actually more comparable to this guy:

I wonder how he turned out?

Gore got them wheels a the U
Originally posted by 49FanMan:

I don't think anyone is questioning the pick in round 4. What is being questioned is if he will be the eventual franchise back many on this board seem to expect him to be? That's all. I don't have strong feelings one way or another, I'm just not impressed.

If your not impressed, i dont know what you are looking for in a back. He is also a great pass catcher.

All you need to know about Lattimore is in this game highlight video.

He was at his best 2011 pre injury IMO. He was just getting 100% healthy in 2012 when he got re injured IMO. He was averaging 143 all purpose yards a game in 2011.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
His running style is actually more comparable to this guy:

I wonder how he turned out?

Gore got them wheels a the U

Imagine if he never got injured. The man could have been even more unstoppable than he was in his prime. Insane!
Did Lattimore pick #21 because of Fwankie?
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Did Lattimore pick #21 because of Fwankie?

If he did it would've been sadly ironic he suffered 2 knee injuries too...
Originally posted by Swami:
Comparing him to Frank Gore. Gore runs with his shoulders lower. Better centre of gravity. Gore stays on his feet better when hit. Lattimore has a better go and stop for speed and hitting the gap. Lattimore has a move of his right foot which he uses all the time. Lattimore is quicker.

hes sort of a frank gore/kendall hunter mix.
Not a bulldozer at all. He has a unique running style. One thing he does do is burst through holes and covers ground fast when he runs down hill. Looks a little rough when he cuts. Looks very smooth catching out of the backfield, like a smoother version of Ricky Watters.

So far, meh. Not sure how he will translate to the NFL as some of his cuts appear as if he stops for a hair of a second too long before he starts back up again. He looks very good at the slashing types of cuts as he keeps his body moving downhill as he cuts but his change of direction cuts looks slow.

Who knows.
Marshawn Lynch from the Seahawks. That is who he looks like.
he looks like arian foster and only arian foster
Arian Foster with some Ricky Watters ability. Not bad.